If you want to make some delicious Naan Pizza, then I think you would love this easy Naan pizza recipe to make a pizza that doesn’t take more than 5-10 minutes to get ready.
Naan is a whole other love language, and if you are looking to make Naan, then you should check out Bobby Flay’s Pizza dough recipe, as that is the exact dough I have used to make this Naan at home.
I made them on a gas stove with an open flame and a cast iron pan. You can do the same if you have one. In case you want the technique for that, then let me know in the comments.
Hot homemade Naan hits differently in this recipe.
However, you will get a crispy bottom regardless of whether the Naan is homemade or store-bought, so let’s dive into the recipe.
Table of Contents
How to get a crispy Naan Pizza bottom
There are three easy ways you can get a crispy Naan pizza base-
1. Heat it on a Pan- Heat the Base side of the Naan on a pan on Medium heat for about 5 minutes.
The time depends on how crispy you want the base. I recommend not more than 5 minutes, but you can cook it for longer if you want a crispier base.
This is what a fresh crisp Naan base should look like-
2. Heat the base side up in an air fryer- This is easy as before loading your Naan with sauce and toppings, just place the side that would be the base up and heat that side for about 3-4 minutes at 390°F.
3. Convection Oven- This is similar to the above as you would place your Naan in a convection oven and heat it up for about 5 minutes at the highest temperature setting. Mine is 400°F.
The oven takes longer than the air fryer because it is of larger capacity and hence takes time.
Ingredients to make Naan Pizza
2. Mozzarella Cheese(Fresh or Dry)
3. Pizza Sauce(I have used Mutti’s Pizza Sauce here)
4. Toppings(I have used bell peppers but you can do different combos)
How to make Naan Pizza Pizza
Since I used fresh naan here, I didn’t crisp up the bottom separately; however, if you are using store-bought or frozen naan, then you should heat up the base so it gets crispy using the three methods mentioned above.
Do not thaw the frozen Naan if reheating in an Air fryer or oven; just dump it in and reheat for a longer time to get the perfect crispy base.
Top the naan with a layer of Pizza sauce, then some mozzarella cheese, and then place toppings of your choice and again place some mozzarella cheese on top so that the toppings stay in place.
Place the Naan on an air fryer or a convection oven and heat it up at
1. 390°F for 4-5 minutes in an air fryer.
2. 400°F for around 7-10 minutes in a convection oven.
This part totally depends on how you choose to cook the naan pizza, but make sure the cheese is all melty and slightly crispy on the sides of the Naan to get the perfect pizza-like slice when you slice this Naan Pizza.
Step 4 –
Your Pizza is ready to serve. Enjoy!
You can easily make this into a pizza party by having a toppings bar where people can choose different toppings to put on their Naan, and they could cook it in an air fryer or the oven.
There are so many different topping options, but my favorites have to be
1. Corn+ Bell Pepper+ Mushrooms
2. Mushrooms+Onion+ Olives
3. Corn+ Mushrooms+ feta Cheese+ Olives
4. Chicken+Onion+Tomatoes+ Olives
5. Spicy Chicken cubes+ Shredded Chicken+ Corn+ Tomatoes
You can add anything of your choice, and it would make an excellent Naan Pizza.
Best cheese to use for Naan Pizza recipe
You can literally use any cheese of your choice. There is no compulsion to use a certain kind of cheese.
If you are adding fresh Mozzarella, make sure to dry the mozzarella before adding it to your pizza.
How to Store Leftover Naan Pizza?
You can store the leftover Naan Pizza in an aluminum foil or zip lock bag in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
But if you want to store it for longer, then you can keep it in the freezer for a few weeks. Although I never freeze Pizza for that long, it would safely survive in the freezer for at least three weeks.
The reason I don’t store it longer is not that it goes bad, but it would lose its flavor, and hence, there is no real reason to keep it for so long.
Naan Pizza Recipe(Air Fryer+Oven)
- 1 Naan Bread
- 2 tbsp Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 5-7 slices Green Bell Peppers
- 5-7 slices Tomatoes
- Take the Naan and cook the bottom part facing up in an air fryer at 390°F for 3 minutes to get it all crispy. You can also use a pan or oven to toast the top and bottom of the Naan crispy.
- Now take out the Naan, and spread some pizza sauce on top of it, then top it with some cheese and toopings. Add a little bit more cheese so that it holds the toppings.
- Now cook this for 4-5 minutes at 390°F in an oven or air fryer and your Naan Pizza is ready.