Check out this quick and easy pepperoni pizza sliders recipe that is quick, easy and delicious. If you try this recipe, you will not regret it because that is how good it gets.
The recipe is easy, and you can whip it up within 5 minutes and an additional 12 minutes in the oven where you are going to cook the sliders.
Broiling it in the end gives you that amazing crispy texture on the top of the sliders and that makes these pepperoni pizza sliders an absolute flavour bomb.
This pepperoni pizza slider pull-apart recipe is perfect for potluck, parties, and other events. It works great as appetizers or game day snacks as well.
Table of Contents
Ingredients and Substitutions
6 Slider Buns- Hawaiian rolls are the best for pepperoni pizza sliders. They are sweet and very well counter the salty flavors from the cheese and pepperoni. These buns are soft on the inside and nice and flaky on the top, making them the perfect choice for this slider recipe. You can use King’s Hawaiian rolls for this recipe or any other brand of Hawaiian rolls to achieve the best results.
You can also use dinner rolls for this recipe. This recipe would taste great even if you use dinner rolls.
6 Slices of Provolone cheese- You can use slices of American cheese or any cheese of your liking, and it would work well.
Grated Mozzarella cheese
Pizza sauce- I have used 5-6 tbsp of Pizza sauce for this recipe. The pizza sauce gives these pizza sliders the flavor, so I recommend using good quality fresh homemade pizza sauce.
Pepperoni slices- I have used about 18 slices of pepperoni for this recipe. You can use more or less, but I think 15 slices was a pretty good count for the six sliders I made.
You can add sausage and chicken ham to these sliders and switch and change the filling to your liking. It would taste even better with all that meat and cheese. My favourite is pepperoni and ham sliders, but feel free to add meat toppings.
2 tablespoons butter melted- This is to make a butter mixture to brush it on top of the pizza sliders.
2 cloves garlic, minced- Add it to the slider’s butter mix to give it that garlicky flavor.
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
How to make Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
1. Preparation: Line a baking dish with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
2. Slider Assembly: Slice the slider buns in half horizontally, keeping them attached as a single unit. Place the bottom half of the buns in a baking dish.
3. First Cheese Layer: Lay three slices of Provolone cheese evenly over the bottom half of the slider buns.
4. Pizza Sauce Layer: Spoon a generous amount of pizza sauce over the mozzarella cheese layer.
5. Second Cheese Layer: Add another layer of three slices of Provolone cheese over the pizza sauce.
6. Pepperoni Placement: Arrange pepperoni slices evenly over the second cheese layer, ensuring each slider gets a hearty portion.
7. Final Cheese Topping: Sprinkle additional grated mozzarella cheese over the pepperoni, ensuring a cheesy and gooey topping. This would make this recipe a nice pull apart slider’s recipe.
8. Butter, Garlic, and Herb Finish: In a small bowl, mix melted butter, minced garlic, salt, and finely chopped parsley. Brush the butter mixture over the sliders, ensuring even coverage.
9. Baking: Cover the sliders with aluminum foil, tenting it slightly to prevent the cheese from sticking. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sliders are heated and cooked.
10. Finishing Touch: Remove the foil for 2-3 minutes to allow the tops to get golden brown and slightly crispy.
11. Serving: Once out of the oven, let them cool for a few minutes before slicing along the bun lines.
Serve warm, and enjoy your delicious Pepperoni Pizza Sliders!
These sliders are perfect for a quick, flavorful snack or party appetizer. The layers of cheese, pizza sauce, and pepperoni create a mini pizza experience in each bite.
1. Italian Delight Sandwich: Layer salami, pepperoni, ham, and provolone cheese between slider buns, adding sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and banana peppers, then spread a blend of Italian dressing and mayonnaise for extra flavor.
2. Veggie Supreme Sliders: Replace pepperoni with sautéed mushrooms, bell peppers, red onions, and black olives, using a combination of mozzarella and feta cheese and adding fresh spinach leaves with a dollop of pesto sauce.
3. BBQ Chicken Pizza Sliders: Substitute pepperoni with shredded barbecue chicken, layer with cheddar cheese and a drizzle of barbecue sauce, then top with sliced red onions and cilantro for a BBQ twist.
4. Meatball Marinara Subs: Replace pepperoni with homemade or store-bought meatballs, layer with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, and add grated Parmesan and fresh basil for an Italian-inspired sub.
5. Hawaiian Pizza Sandwich: Swap pepperoni with sliced ham or Canadian bacon, layer pineapple chunks and mozzarella cheese, and drizzle with a sweet and tangy teriyaki or barbecue sauce.
6. Mediterranean Flatbread Sliders: Replace traditional slider buns with mini flatbreads or pita pockets, combine feta and Kalamata olives, and add sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and tzatziki sauce.
7. Buffalo Chicken Ranch Sliders: Substitute pepperoni with shredded buffalo chicken, layer with blue cheese or ranch dressing and mozzarella cheese, and top with celery slices and green onions for a spicy kick.
8. Philly Cheesesteak Sliders: Replace pepperoni with thinly sliced steak or roast beef, add sautéed bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms, then top with provolone cheese and a cheese sauce.
9. Margherita Pizza Melt: Use fresh mozzarella, tomato slices, and basil leaves, drizzle with balsamic glaze or a pesto aioli for added flavor, and grill or panini press for a warm and melty experience.
How to reheat Pizza Sliders?
Cover the sliders with aluminum foil to retain moisture during reheating.
Put the baking sheet with the sliders in a cold oven. Set the temperature to 350°F (175°C) and let them reheat for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese melts and the sliders are heated.
If you prefer a crispier texture, consider removing the foil during the last few minutes of reheating. Keep a close eye on the sliders to avoid overcooking.
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders Recipe
- 6 pieces Hawaiian Rolls
- 6 slices Provolone Cheese
- 6 tbsp Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- t tsp Dried Parsley
- Slice the slider buns in half horizontally, creating a top and bottom half.
- Place a slice of cheese on each bottom half of the slider buns, creating the first layer of cheese.
- Spoon pizza sauce evenly over the cheese layer on each slider bun.
- Add another slice of cheese on top of the pizza sauce, creating a second layer of cheese.
- Arrange pepperoni slices over the second layer of cheese on each slider bun.
- Sprinkle additional grated or shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pepperoni, ensuring a cheesy and flavorful finish.
- In a small bowl, melt the unsalted butter. Add minced garlic, salt, and finely chopped fresh parsley(or dried parsley) to the melted butter and mix well. Brush the butter, garlic, salt, and parsley mixture generously over the tops of the slider buns.
- Cover the prepared sliders with aluminum foil, ensuring the foil doesn't touch the cheese directly.
- Place the wrapped sliders in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt and the flavors to meld.
- Remove from the oven, uncover, and serve the pepperoni pizza sliders warm.