If you are looking for the classic school lunch or want a quick pizza snack, then try this air fryer french bread pizza that takes 5 minutes to make.
As the name suggests, you need French bread, pizza sauce, cheese,, and some toppings. With just these ingredients, you can make one of the best French bread pizza toast.
You can switch and swap toppings and even use fresh mozzarella and tomatoes as a topping to make something similar to the famous Hailey Beiber’s pizza toast.
Either way, this recipe is quick, easy, and delicious. You can also pack this for school lunches as it barely takes a lot of time, and kids love it.
Or you can make this for a quick snack, movie night, or for dinner on busy weeknights. It is the perfect solution for a hunger pang, so try this quick and easy air fryer french bread pizza recipe.
Table of Contents
1.1 French Bread- I made this bread at home using pizza dough, which turned out well. You can use store-bought French bread, too.
2. 4 tbsp cup cream cheese, softened- I have used this from my Pizza dip recipe. This was leftover, so I used it as a substitute for Pizza sauce. Since I had used up all the pizza sauce making the dip, I didn’t top this with a pizza sauce.
3. Pizza Sauce (I didn’t use it in this recipe, but you can and mostly should)- A crucial ingredient I missed while making this recipe is pizza sauce. You can use your favorite pizza sauce. It can be homemade or jarred pizza sauce, anything that works best for you.
4. 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese- You can sprinkle more or less of mozzarella cheese. It is totally upto your liking.
5.1/2 cup diced onions(toppings)
6. 1/2 cup pepperoni slices(toppings)
7. Olive oil (optional, for brushing)
How do you make Air Fryer French Bread Pizza?
Prepare the French Bread: Cut the French bread in half lengthwise, creating two equal halves.
Cream Cheese Base: Spread a layer of softened cream cheese on each half of the French bread, ensuring an even coating. You can skip this step and spread some pizza sauce instead, but since I had leftover from the Pizza Dip recipe, I have used that instead of just pizza sauce.
Cheese Toppings: Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese generously over the pizza dip base on both halves.
Choose Your Toppings: I have added onions as the topping in one half. Place pepperoni slices and some onion pieces on the other half of the French bread. So, one of the French bread pizzas is vegetarian, and the other one has a nonvegetarian topping.
Optional Olive Oil Brush (for a crispier crust): If desired, lightly brush the outer edges of the French bread with olive oil to achieve a crispier crust.
Air Fryer Cooking: Place the prepared French bread halves in the air fryer basket. Cook at 200°C (392°F) for 5 minutes for each pizza until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and the edges are golden brown. No preheating is necessary for the air fryer.
Serve and Enjoy: Carefully remove the French bread pizzas from the air fryer. Slice and serve while warm.
Tips on making the best Air Fryer French Bread
1. Choose the Right French Bread: Opt for a high-quality French baguette with a crusty exterior and a soft interior. Freshly baked or day-old bread works well.
2. Slice Evenly: Cut the French bread evenly to ensure consistent cooking. Slicing it in half lengthwise provides a flat surface for toppings.
3. Check After 5 Minutes: Around the 5-minute mark, check the French bread in the air fryer. Air fryers can cook quickly, and checking at this point allows you to gauge the doneness and prevent overcooking. Look for melted, bubbly cheese and a lightly golden crust.
4. Experiment with Seasonings: Consider adding a sprinkle of your favorite seasonings, such as garlic powder or Italian herbs, to enhance the overall flavor.
Variations of the French Bread Pizza
Here are some different topping combinations you can try for French bread in the air fryer:
1. Margherita Style: Tomato slices, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves drizzled with a balsamic glaze after air frying.
2. Vegetarian Delight: Sautéed mushrooms, bell peppers, red onions, and black olives with a sprinkle of feta cheese.
3. Classic Supreme: Cooked and crumbled sausage, green bell peppers, black olives, and sliced pepperoni.
4. Garlic Lovers’ Dream: Roasted garlic cloves, ricotta cheese, and a sprinkle of Parmesan for a flavorful and creamy option.
5. Spinach and Feta Twist: Sautéed spinach with garlic, feta cheese, and cherry tomatoes for a Greek-inspired twist.
6. BBQ Chicken Delight: Shredded barbecue chicken, red onions, cilantro, and a drizzle of barbecue sauce after air frying.
7. Caprese Inspired: Fresh tomato slices, buffalo mozzarella, and a drizzle of pesto sauce after air frying.
8. Mediterranean Flavors: Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese.
9. Pesto Chicken Bliss: Pesto sauce, shredded cooked chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and pine nuts.
10. Hawaiian Twist: Sliced ham, pineapple chunks, and red onion for a sweet and savory combination.
Storing Leftover French Bread Pizza
Freezing French bread pizza involves a simple process to ensure optimal storage. Wrap each one French Bread Pizza in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Place the wrapped French bread pizzas in a Ziplock bag, expelling excess air to prevent freezer burn. Properly sealed and labeled, these pizzas last up to 1 to 2 months.
If planning to consume within a shorter timeframe, the fridge is a viable option for storage. Simply follow the same wrapping steps and keep the pizzas refrigerated.
When ready to enjoy, reheating from the freezer or fridge ensures a quick and delicious meal, maintaining the quality of your French bread pizza.
Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
- 1 Philips Air Fryer
- 1/2 Loaf French Bread
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 4 tbsp Cream Cheese(optional)
- Pepperoni Slices(toppings)
- Onion Slices(toppings)
- Cut the French bread in half lengthwise, creating two equal halves.
- Spread a layer of soft cream cheese on each half, ensuring an even coating. Alternatively, use pizza sauce if preferred.
- Generously sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the cream cheese base on both halves.
- Customize toppings; for example, add onions to one half and pepperoni slices with onions to the other.
- Place prepared French bread halves in the air fryer basket. Cook at 200°C (392°F) for 5 minutes each until cheese is melted, bubbly, and edges are golden brown. No preheating is necessary.
- Carefully remove French bread pizzas from the air fryer, slice, and serve while warm.
- Choose a high-quality French bread with a crisp exterior and soft interior, whether freshly baked or day-old.
- Cut the French bread evenly, opting for a lengthwise halving to provide a uniform surface for toppings.
- Around the 5-minute mark, inspect the air-fried French bread for doneness, ensuring melted, bubbly cheese and a lightly golden crust.
- Enhance the flavor by experimenting with favorite seasonings like garlic powder or Italian herbs.