If you love pizza, this pizza dip recipe will give you a pizza aesthetic, but it is a dip in disguise.
This Easy Pizza Dip recipe is extremely easy to make and cheesy and delicious. It is perfect for parties, game nights, and any event where you will consume a lot of appetizers.
I personally love the fact that this dip creates the illusion of a pizza when, in reality, it is not a pizza in any way.
The entire Crust of the pizza is replaced with a cream cheese base, making it a dip. I love this dip, and a little goes a long way.
So if you are having your family and friends over, then make sure to make this dip, as it is going to be a crowd pleaser. Also do take pictures of this dip because it is going to look picture perfect in every single frame.
Table of Contents
Why make this Recipe?
1. Versatile Appetizer: This pizza dip is the perfect dipping for various appetizers like tortilla chips, breadsticks, or vegetable sticks. Its versatility makes it a great addition to any gathering or party.
2. Kid-Friendly Delight: Kids will love this dip’s delicious and familiar pizza flavors.
It provides a kid-friendly option that appeals to their taste buds, making it a hit at family gatherings or children’s parties.
3. Ease of Preparation: This pizza dip is incredibly easy to make, requiring minimal effort in the kitchen. It is quick and easy to make, making it great for beginners and experienced cooks.
4. Hands-Free Cooking: Once assembled, the dip requires minimal attention during the baking process, allowing you to focus on other recipes or entertain guests.
The hands-free cooking aspect adds a lot of convenience.
1. 250g cream cheese- You can take a larger quantity of cream cheese if you want and accordingly increase all the other ingredient quantities.
Cream cheese is important for the recipe as it becomes the base of this pizza dip and gives it a nice creamy texture.
You can mix cream cheese with sour cream and form the base, but I like to use just cream cheese.
2. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper- This is a seasoning that I add to the cream cheese. You can skip it or replace it with any other seasoning you choose.
3. 1/2 teaspoon salt- Salt is important if you do not want your cheese to taste bland. However, it is crucial not to add a lot of salt to the cream cheese as you can easily go overboard if you add too much salt.
4. 1 cup homemade cooked pizza sauce or marinara sauce- You can use pizza sauce or marina sauce for this step.
I have used my homemade pizza sauce recipe, where I use fresh tomatoes and adjust the ingredients to my liking.
However, if you want to use canned pizza sauce or store-bought marinara sauce, you can do so, and this dip will taste good regardless.
5. 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese- Mozzarella cheese gives this dip the change in texture as you dip your bread into this dip. It is creamy, chewy, and melty, along with the toppings on top, giving the dip the perfect pizza look.
6. Pepperoni slices for topping
How to make Pizza Dip Recipe
1. Soften Cream Cheese: In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the cream cheese for 30 seconds or until softened. This helps make it easier to mix the cream cheese with the seasonings. Add black pepper and salt, then stir well to combine.
2. Create a Cream Cheese Layer: Evenly spread the seasoned cream cheese mixture as the first layer in a baking dish.
3. Add Pizza Sauce: Pour the pizza sauce or marinara sauce over the cream cheese layer and spread it evenly to cover the base of the baking dish.
4. Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese: Generously sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce layer. This mozzarella cheese gives this dip that pizza look, along with the ooey gooey cheese texture that we get in a pizza.
5. Top with Pepperoni Slices: Distribute pepperoni slices evenly across the surface. You can use small-sized pepperonis, but normal-sized ones work well too.
You can use any other toppings of your liking, and you do not have to limit yourself to just pepperoni.
You can add olives, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, or any topping you like. The more toppings you add, the better this dip tastes.
6. Bake to Perfection: Bake in an oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the edges or the top of the dip are lightly golden.
7. Cool Before Serving: Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
8. Serve with Dippables: Serve the pizza dip with your favorite dippables, such as tortilla chips, breadsticks, or vegetable sticks. Enjoy your delicious and creamy pizza dip!
Tips on making the perfect Pizza Dip
Here are some tips to help you amp up your pizza dip recipe. You can customize this recipe and make it your own, but make sure to follow the tips below to get the best results.
1. Seasoning Fusion: Mix the seasonings thoroughly with the cream cheese to infuse maximum flavor into the base of your pizza dip. Consider whipping the cream cheese for a smooth and airy texture. This step transforms the base into a creamy, fluffy consistency, enhancing the overall flavor of the dip.
2. Sauce Selection: Choose a pizza sauce or marinara sauce that suits your taste preferences. The right sauce will enhance the overall flavor of the dip.
3. Cheese Variety: Go for mozzarella cheese or experiment with different cheese varieties to achieve that classic pizza look. The cheese choice is key in creating a gooey and satisfying texture.
4. Topping Exploration: Get creative with toppings to personalize your pizza dip. Add your favorite pizza toppings like diced bell peppers, olives, or onions for extra flavor and texture.
5. Fresh Basil Finishing Touch: You can add a fresh flavor profile to the dip by adding fresh basil on top before baking. The aroma and freshness of basil complement the savory notes of the dip.
6. Serve with Dippables: Choose an array of dippables such as tortilla chips, breadsticks, or vegetable sticks to accompany the pizza dip. The right dippables make this dip so enjoyable.
How to store leftover Pizza Dip?
This is a lot of pizza dip, and I stored the leftovers in the freezer. My family and I were done eating this dip and so saturated that we had to freeze the leftovers for future use.
You can refrigerate this pizza dip in an airtight container for about 3 days. Do not keep it in the fridge longer, as it can go bad.
You can freeze the leftover dip. Make sure to put all the leftover dip in an airtight container to avoid freezer burns, then freeze it.
This can last for 1-2 months. However, the texture might not be that great the longer it stays in the freezer. Make sure you finish it within a month or so.
What do you serve with Pizza Dip?
Here are some appetizer recommendations for this pizza dip that you can serve.
- Tortilla Chips
- Vegetable Sticks
- Pita Chips
- Baguette Slices
- Finger Sandwiches
- Diced Bread Cubes
- Cheese Crisps
Easy Pizza Dip Recipe
- 1 Convention Oven
- 250 grams Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6-7 Slices Pepperoni
- Microwave cream cheese for 30 seconds, add salt and black pepper, stir well for easy mixing.
- Spread seasoned cream cheese evenly as the base in a baking dish.
- Pour pizza or marinara sauce over cream cheese, spreading it evenly.
- Generously sprinkle shredded mozzarella for a pizza-like texture.
- Distribute pepperoni slices (or preferred toppings) evenly. You can add more toppings but I did not.
- Bake for 10-15 mins in a convection oven at 200°C until cheese is melted, bubbly, and edges are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes after removing from the oven.
- Pair with tortilla chips, breadsticks, or veggie sticks. Enjoy your creamy pizza dip!
- Choose a pizza or marinara sauce that suits your taste for a better overall dip flavor.
- Opt for mozzarella or experiment with cheeses for a gooey and satisfying texture.
- Personalize with creative toppings like bell peppers, olives, or onions for added flavor and texture.