There is a pizza dip recipe where I cooked it along with rolls in a cast-iron skillet but in this recipe, I would share the easier pepperoni pizza dip recipe that you would love and it is super easy to make.
There are many ways in which you can make this recipe and I would share with you some cooking techniques in this post that are unusual but you can enjoy this recipe even without an oven.
So, if you are someone who does not own an oven then check out this recipe, as I would discuss how you can use other cooking utensils at hand and this dish will turn out just as delicious as in the oven.
– 8oz cream cheese
– thinly sliced pepperoni(quantity as per your choice)
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
– oregano(as per taste)
– mozzarella cheese
– marinara sauce
1. Take some thinly cut pepperoni slices and place them inside a microwave oven so that they get crisp. You can even place them directly on top in the end.
I like mine extra crispy and nice in the dip to get that unique texture hence this step is a personal preference.
2. Stir the cream cheese. sour cream, parmesan, and oregano and spread it evenly on a baking tray.
3. Next, you need to layer it up with some marinara sauce and then place some mozzarella cheese on top of it.
4. Now, place this baking tray inside the oven at 400 and bake for about 7-10 minutes, till the cheese melts and browns like in the case of a pepperoni pizza.
Another way of cooking this
1. This is something optional but I tend to use a kadhai and turn that into an oven and then cook my pizza dip in it.
2. But I first put salt in the kadhai and then place a small bowl in the salt so it can act as a stand for my tray in which I have my dip and then place my tray on top of it and cover the kadhai with a cover that seals it well.
3. Cooking this for about 10 minutes at high heat on the stove and it would give you the same results as in the oven. You do not need to preheat this as it gets hot really quickly!
4. Honestly I prefer this oven any day as I think it is a cheap way to cook and bake anything and it does a better and faster job than most of the ovens.
I have even cooked pizzas inside this and they turn out PERFECT. It gets way hotter than an oven making this setup perfect for cooking pizzas.
Cooking Pepperoni Pizza Dip in a slow cooker
Now many of you must have heard of this and yes, you can actually cook this dip in a slow cooker as well.
Make sure to follow the same steps and instead of forming layers like a pizza, you would be adding everything into the slow cooker and mixing it including the marinara sauce, so you get a nice mix.
I personally do not like this as much aesthetically and hence would do the above two mentioned methods any day.
But if you have a slow cooker, then you can definitely give this method a try.
So, I hope you found this post helpful, and if you did share it on social media!
If you liked the post, then do not forget to share it on social media!