If you are looking for an amazing dip, then this Pepperoni Pizza Dip baked in a cast iron pan is going to be the perfect one for you!
I make this dip when I’m watching a game or even on movie nights and I love it. It is one of the easiest dips that you can make, and it would not take you more than a few minutes to get it ready.
If you have kids at home, they will love this EASY Pepperoni Pizza Dip recipe as it tastes delicious.
So let’s go over the ingredients before telling you all my steps involved in making this delicious dip and how you can make a few variations by switching the ingredients a bit.
– 8oz cream cheese
– thinly sliced pepperoni(quantity as per your choice)
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
-1 tablespoon of olive oil
– oregano(as per taste)
– mozzarella cheese
– pizza sauce
1. First, I start by cooking the pepperoni in the oven to get them slightly crisp and next heating up the garlic powder in olive oil to get that nice garlic flavor in the dip.
2. Next, you need to make some rolls, and for that, I use Pillsbury dough or homemade pizza dough if I have it around and roll them in a cylindrical shape with a few cuts on them, almost separating them.
Then I place that at the sides of the cast iron skillet, leaving the center empty, and bake it for about 20 minutes at 400 Fahrenheit; you can just bake it like you normally would with your bread.
3. While this cooks, I make the dip mixture, where I mix the oil with garlic powder, cream cheese, sour cream, and parmesan.
You can then mix oregano, taste the mix, and add a pinch of salt if you think it is needed.
4. Now, once you see the rolls are getting brown, you remove the skillet from the oven, put this mixture in the center, and then top it with pizza sauce, then mozzarella, and finally pepperoni.
5. Heat this again in the oven for about 5-7 minutes as long as your cheese is melted and the rolls have turned brown. Your Dip is all ready, and it takes only 25 minutes to be done.
6. Once you take out your cast iron skillet, you would see that the dip looks like a pepperoni pizza but once you dunk your rolls in them or nachos in them, you would see how gooey, creamy and delicious it is!
1. In step 3. of the above recipe sometimes, I add the smoked paprika powder to get that nice smoky flavor, and it also adds a punch to the dip.
2. You can completely skip making the rolls if you already have them, and just make the dip in the entire cast iron, and the whole recipe time reduces to just 5 minutes and your extra prep time.
3. If you are going simple and want to just add a few ingredients and get the dip done, you can do that.
Add cream cheese+sour cream+ parmesan cheese and oregano, then top it with pizza sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni and your pepperoni pizza dip is ready.
If you liked the post then do not forget to share it on social media!
Let us know how this dip turned out for you?