You can bake authentic pizza only in a wood-fired oven. There is a misconception that wood-fired ovens are quite bulky. However, that is not a problem at all.
These days, modular and sleek wood-fired pizza ovens are available as well. That is why, when you’re looking for one for your home, you can easily find suitable options.
There are so many different wood-fired pizza ovens available these days that it can be challenging to pick the right one.
You have to be pretty selective. Today, we will share with you; not just the best wood-fired pizza oven but also some factors which you should consider while buying one.
(Portable Countertop) Wood-Fired Pizza Ovens Under $500
1. Ooni Karu 16 Wood Fired Pizza Oven(Multi-fuel)
The Ooni Karu 16 is the latest release from Ooni as of writing this post.
It is a multi-fueled pizza oven that is initially sold with the wood and charcoal burner attachment and other features.
You can switch to gas by buying a separate gas burner attachment.
There are new features with this pizza oven such as the new ViewFlame technology which is a full glass door to see inside it.
There is also a new digital thermometer that gives you the reading for the temperature in the oven.
It is a durable pizza oven and it can cook crispy crusts at 950 degrees Fahrenheit.
The new ViewFlame technology is a new door where you get to see the interior of the pizza oven while you are cooking.
This is made possible by the glass construction and steel frame.
The door is also hinged which means that it does not really come off when you open it.
This makes it easier to coo in general so you do not need space to place the door on when opened.
With the large cooking space, you will be able to cook 16-inch pizzas with no hassle.
The fire and heat roll on top and then down to the food to cook it evenly without burning the toppings.
While it is a little large compared to most of the Ooni pizza ovens, it also has portable features such as the chimney being detachable and can fit inside the interior of the pizza oven itself.
1. There is A Large Cooking Space
2. You Can See The Interior Without Opening The Door
3. Cooks Evenly And Quickly
4.Digital Thermometer Available
- It Can Be Hard To Control the flame For Beginners
2. Ooni Pro Wood-Fired Pizza Oven(Multi-Fuel)
The Ooni Pro pizza oven is the first oven on our list is a portable pizza oven. It is suitable for outdoor use. It can help you in cooking a pizza in just 60 seconds.
It will not be time-consuming even when you have to cook pizza in bulk for parties and get-togethers. The Pizza oven has pretty good heat retention which means you can easily cook pizzas back to back.
There is so much that one can explore with the Ooni Pro pizza oven. You can basically cook any recipe that you throw at this pizza oven.
You can heat it to 932F and it just takes 20 minutes to attain that temperature. The best part of this pizza oven is that you can use different fuels.
The Ooni Pizza oven is easy to assemble as well and if needed you can move it around or take it on a camping trip. Overall, Ooni Pizza Oven is am
You can use wood, gas, charcoal, and pellets to heat it. Since you’re looking for the wood-fired pizza ovens, you can use wood pellets. It will help you get that authentic taste.
When it comes to the size, it is compatible with 16-inch pizzas. You can also roast meat, veggies and a variety of other delicacies in it.
The insulated steel body means that it is entirely safe to use. It consists of stone as well, which ensures that heat spreads evenly.
Also, with the help of high heat retention, the use of fuel is limited. When looking for a heavy-duty wood-fired pizza oven, you cannot ignore this option.
1. It is really easy to use and user-friendly.
2. There is not much assembly involved which means you can easily get started with using the pizza oven once you receive it.
3. You can easily cook a pizza within a minute which means you can cook a lot of pizzas back to back.
4. The pizza oven reaches really high temperatures easily and you do not need to wait for 20-30 minutes to preheat hte pizza oven. preheating the Ooni Pizza oven might just take about 10-15 minutes depending on the fuel.
5. The heat retention on the pizza oven is excellent which means it does not dissipate heat to the surroundings and maintains a constant temperature.
6. It is a multi-fueled pizza oven so you can choose if you want to use wood, gas or charcoal as the fuel.
7. It has the best price/feature balance making it our #1 Recommendation
1. You cannot cook two pizzas at the same time.
3. Ooni Karu 12 Wood Fired Pizza Oven
This is the smaller version and the original model that was used as a guide for the Ooni Karu 16.
It is a very portable pizza oven that you can bring to your camping and tailgating trips.
With a sleek design and a tall chimney, you can easily travel with this pizza oven by folding the legs and detaching the chimney, placing it inside the oven itself, and going on a trip with the oven.
Despite having a smaller firebox, this pizza oven is insulated properly so it can still produce a maximum temperature of 950 degrees Fahrenheit so you can still cook authentic pizzas.
Aside from wood as fuel, you can also cook with charcoal in this pizza oven.
There are accessories such as the separately sold burner attachment for propane gas fuel if you want.
This pizza oven comes with the original Ooni wood and charcoal burner attachment.
You can put additional flavors to your food with the use of wood as fuel and the smoke it produces.
At only 12 kilograms, this pizza oven is very light and compact.
You can bring it anywhere you want and cook the best pizzas. This is perfect for camping, tailgating, picnics, and more.
1. You can choose from the multiple fuel options that are available to cook with the Ooni Karu 12.
2. Portable features such as foldable legs and detachable chimney.
3. Heats up pretty quickly for you to cook right away.
1. You cannot cook more than one 12 inch pizza in it.
4. ROCCBOX Wood-Fired Pizza Oven(Multi-fuel)
The plus point of this outdoor pizza oven is that you can run it on wood or gas. The multi-fuel option makes it very easy to use. Additionally, it can heat up to 932F and it takes the oven about 10 minutes to reach this temperature.
The advantage of this pizza oven is that you can get the pizzas ready in just 60 seconds which is pretty similar to the Ooni Pro Pizza oven. That is why, if you’re having a party or a get-together, it is one of the best ovens to use.
It consists of an in-built thermometer. With the help of this thermometer, monitoring the temperature is possible. It also has retractable legs on offer.
It means that when you’re setting it up on any surface, it will be stable. The stainless steel construction means that it can handle wear and tear.
The body of the pizza oven from outside is insulated. It consists of a silicone skin. As a result, it is entirely safe to use. With the help of heat retention up to 86%, you can be sure that the fuel consumption is on the lower side.
As a result, even if you’re cooking food in bulk, there is no need to worry about increased fuel consumption. It is suitable for not just pizza but a variety of other delicacies.
It comes with the manual, which will help you in using it. The reason why you should go for it is because of the multi-fuel design.
The features on this pizza oven are very similar to that as the Ooni Pro and if you are wondering which one is better then check out our detailed comparison post on the two ovens where we compare each and every feature on the ovens.
1. The oven has minimum assembly involved and it is user-friendly.
2. You can easily get the oven heated up to high temperatures and cook pizzas within a few minutes. It does not take a lot of time to get the pizza oven started and then cook pies inside it.
3. You have enough space to try out some other recipes as well, although the cooking space is not as much as the Ooni Pro, you can get creative and use the pizza oven for cooking other dishes.
4. The heat retention on this pizza oven is pretty good so basically, you can cook multiple pizzas one after the other without worrying about the temperature dropping down.
5. It is a multi-fueled pizza oven.
6. It has a great price/feature balance.
1. The cooking space on the pizza oven is not a lot and you get Ooni Pro around the same price with much better features.
2. You cannot cook multiple pizzas at the same time.
5. Ooni Fyra 12 Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
If you want a more elegant-looking pizza oven that still has the power to make authentic Neapolitan pizza, then this pizza oven is for you. It is a black powder-coated pizza oven.
The Ooni Fyra is also a portable pizza oven that can cook 12-inch pizzas in one go.
The tall chimney helps in distributing and guiding the heat properly and can be divided into two parts.
Along with that, there are other features such as the foldable legs that make this pizza oven portable.
You can only use wood in this pizza oven so that wood-fired pizza is guaranteed.
I think it is also worth mentioning that Ooni pizza ovens use cordierite pizza stones on all of their pizza ovens.
This material heats up quickly and helps in removing the moisture on the crust.
This is also one of the smaller versions of pizza ovens from Ooni.
It has a detachable chimney that you can also divide into two so the smaller pieces can fit into the interior of the oven.
What makes it different is that this pizza oven uses pellets instead of the larger wood chips or charcoal options.
This type of fuel still gives you that authentic wood-fired taste and finish.
1. This pizza oven can give your food an authentic wood-fired flavor with the smoke from the pellets.
2. Small and portable at only 10 kilograms so it is very easy to carry.
3. Heats up in just 15 minutes so you can cook almost instantly
4. The cordierite pizza stone helps it cook better and crispier crusts.
1. Pretty small for a meal for the whole family.
7. Bertello Wood Fire and Gas Outdoor Pizza Oven
The pizza oven which we are describing now is again an outdoor one. You can heat it with wood, charcoal or gas. The choice is entirely yours. Also, it can heat up to 930F.
Due to this very reason, you will get that authentic wood fire taste. Additionally, it can cook the pizzas quickly as well. It gives you the authentic experience of the brick oven pizza.
Also, when you look at the cavity, the dimensions are 12.5″ x 13.5″. As a result, you can cook the 12-inch pizzas quickly. The cleaning mechanism is also simple.
Once cool, you can then vacuum the oven, and you’re good to go. It takes little time to clean this pizza oven.
With the help of Cordierite stone, the heat distribution is quick and efficient. It also consists of a wooden tray, which means that you can easily store extra wood or pellets handy that you need to use for cooking. It is highly portable.
As a result, moving it around is possible. You can use it for baking not just pizza but also a variety of other recipes. It will help you get that authentic restaurant-style pizza.
If you’re looking for a convenient pizza oven, you should not miss this one.
1. Napoli wood-fired pizza oven is very similar to the Ooni 3 Pizza Oven, however, the assembly of the Napoli pizza Oven is relatively easier.
2. It is a multi-fueled pizza oven so you can use wood, charcoal, or gas as the fuel.
3. Heating up the oven to reach the desired temperature takes not a lot of time and once you have heated up the oven to the desired temperature, you can cook a lot of pizzas without any issues.
4. The Pizza oven has great heat retention which means you can cook multiple pizzas one after the other without feeling the need to consistently add fuel after every few minutes.
5. The Pizza Oven is portable making it easy to take it on camping trips as well.
6. The pizza oven comes with a great price/feature balance.
7. You would need to buy the gas burner on this pizza oven separately. It comes as a wood-fired pizza oven and you can make it a gas-fired oven by buying a separate attachment.
1. It does not have a large cooking space, so if you want to cook other dishes, then space can be an issue. Otherwise, the pizza oven is perfect for cooking Neopolitan-style pizzas.
6. Ooni 3 Pizza Oven(Discontinued)
One of the distinct features of this outdoor pizza oven is that it can cook the pizza in just 60 seconds.
Also, it can heat up to 932F. It takes only 10 minutes to heat it to that temperature.
So, you can use it for bulk cooking quite efficiently. Also, it is highly energy-efficient since it supports heat retention.
Hence; the quantity of pellets required for roasting veggies, fish, and a variety of other ingredients is low.
Moreover, with the help of an easy-to-use design, you will face no problem at all in using this outdoor pizza.
With the help of a wood pellet burner, lighting up this oven is not a problem.
There is also a manual that will help you use it effortlessly. Also, it consists of instructions to follow.
All of these instructions ensure that even if you’re new to using such pizza ovens, you can do so with ease.
With the help of a chimney clip, it is easy for you to set it up wherever you want.
It consists of a 3-legged design that facilitates quick and easy installation on any surface.
Whether you’re installing it on the ground or the countertop or a table, the choice is entirely yours.
It will remain highly stable on any surface.
One of the primary reasons why it is so efficient is because of the insulated body. Due to the insulated body, heat retention is on the higher side.
The stainless steel construction means that you will not have to worry about dents or other problems with the pizza oven.
So, when looking for a highly stable pizza oven that can churn out pizza quickly, you can consider this one.
1. The pizza oven takes some time to assemble but once done, you can get started with cooking inside it within no time.
2. The wood pellets that you use inside the oven are eco-friendly as they produce really less smoke.
This also means that the oven can reach higher temperatures really fast but you need to keep adding wood pellets to keep a constant temperature.
3. The pizza oven can cook pizzas really fast. You can get pizza cooked under 60 seconds which means that you can cook pizzas back to back.
4. The heat retention of the oven is good but you need to keep adding wood pellets in order to keep the flame burning.
1. The Ooni 3 Pizza Oven comes with wood pellets as a fuel and you need to keep adding them consistently as they get burnt easily while cooking.
Residential/Commercial Wood-Fired Pizza Ovens ($1000 And Above)
1. Chicago Brick Oven CBO-750 Countertop Pizza Oven
This pizza oven is a large pizza oven that you can use to cook pizzas and bread.
You can even fit up to three 12-inch pizzas inside this pizza oven with plenty of space to use.
With the refractory cement used in this pizza oven, you can be sure that the heat stays even and will last for a long time.
You also do not need to use a lot of wood to fire up the pizza oven.
This pizza oven can reach temperatures of over 1000 degrees Fahrenheit which means that it can cook your pizzas in just 60 seconds and the crusts are always crispy with an even finish.
This pizza oven is also ready for both indoor and outdoor installation because of the large chimney that comes with it. You can simply add a flue system to let the heat escape.
Once the pizza oven arrives at your doorstep, there is not much that you need to do.
It comes in fully assembled with all the necessary parts, plus you get the accessory package as well.
This large pizza oven can retain heat so well so you can also use it with other recipes.
You can cook at lower temperatures by waiting for the fire to die down slightly and at lower temperatures.
1. It is a great outdoor addition to your backyard with its brown and silver color.
2. Large enough to cook you at least 2 pizzas at once.
3. It has impressive insulation that keeps it hot for hours even after the fire is out.
1. It is pretty expensive if you just want to buy a simple oven for cooking your meals.
2. Alfa 5 Minuti Wood-Fired Countertop Pizza Oven
This is another large pizza oven that you can use to cook up to 2 pizzas at a time.
While it is large, it can distribute the heat evenly inside the chamber to cook your pizzas evenly as well.
Within 15 minutes, this pizza oven can reach a maximum temperature of 1000 degrees Fahrenheit.
So from there, you can start to cook the best pizzas in your backyard.
The floor of this pizza oven has refractory bricks, which means that they can absorb heat quickly and then distribute it into the oven’s interior to eliminate cold spots.
This pizza oven has insulation with ceramic fiber, which means that even if the fire goes down a little, it can still retain the temperature inside.
The temperature outside will not affect it as well.
You can also choose between three different types of setup for this pizza oven.
You can go with the pizza oven only, get the table along with it, or the base version for the pizza oven.
With the heat that it can produce and the available cooking space, this pizza oven can cook for up to 15 people at once.
You can also cook a variety of recipes that you want to eat.
1. It is a very versatile pizza oven that can bake bread, sear, steaks, cook pizza, and many more.
2. It has a large cooking space so you can feed a lot of people in one cooking.
3. Great construction that is not only durable but will also fit your backyard view.
4. Heats up pretty quickly for its size.
1. It does not allow you to look inside to see the food in it.
3. Chicago Brick Oven CBO-500 Countertop Pizza Oven
A large pizza oven that can cook with authentic wood-fired flavors, the CBO-500 is the perfect pizza oven for you to impress your guests with the most amazing authentic Neapolitan pizzas.
This pizza oven can reach a maximum temperature of 1000 degrees Fahrenheit which means that it can cook two pizzas in less than two minutes.
There is an issue with large pizza ovens such as this one where they need to preheat for hours to reach the desired temperature.
However, this does not happen with the CBO-500 oven.
It has a high-technology composite, which helps reduce the preheating time from 2 or 3 hours to only 30 minutes.
From there, you can cook the best pizzas at home for your family.
This is a smaller version of the CBO-750 but it has almost the same performance.
It can cook various recipes that you can never cook in conventional ovens since they do not heat up.
Like the other CBO, this model comes in pre-assembled which means that you can cook with it right away.
You will also have enough time to prepare the food as the oven heats up.
1. It can hold heat for longer compared to other ovens made from stainless steel.
2. It heats up in just 30 minutes which is impressive for a large pizza oven.
3. This pizza oven can cook many recipes, including pizza, vegetables, meat, and more.
1. It needs high maintenance, and you need to always clean it after using it, or it will degrade quickly.
4. Alfa Ciao Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
A big pizza oven can heat up within 15 minutes, the Alfa Ciao pizza oven can give you the best results on your pizzas with the most amazing wood-fired flavor every time you cook in it.
This pizza oven is large enough to cook 2 pizzas, which allows you to cook up to 6 pizzas in 15 minutes.
This is perfect for your outdoor cookouts with pizzas, steaks, bread, and more.
With a thick refractory tile floor, this pizza oven can reach high temperatures quickly and maintain that temperature for a long time.
With a sleek design, this will fit in your kitchen well.
This pizza oven has a larger peephole compared to the Alfa pizza oven before.
It means that it allows air to get inside the pizza oven while the door also keeps the heat stable inside.
You can also now see the interior of the pizza oven, so you will know exactly when you should turn the pizza before it burns. This pizza oven is also available in three different setups.
The chimney has a cover that allows it to freely emit smoke and excess heat from the oven’s interior while protecting the vulnerable parts inside from rain and moisture.
1. Cooks different types of recipes, and you can fit large portions of food to cook inside it.
2. Has an impressively light and ergonomic design, especially the door for getting access inside it.
3. The thermometer helps a lot in controlling the temperature so you know where to set it at.
1. It cools down easily as the door has thin stainless steel only.
5. Alfa 4 Pizza Wood Countertop Pizza Oven
This wood-fired pizza oven is large enough to feed the whole family, invite your friends and a few guests if you want.
This pizza oven has a large interior capable of cooking 4 pizzas at a time.
You can also make this pizza oven versatile cooking equipment by making your best recipes in it, such as steaks, bread, and many more. It can cook almost anything that you want cooked.
It is a large pizza oven, but it can heat up quickly in just 20 minutes to reach 1000 degrees Fahrenheit, so you do not have to wait for too long to cook the best pizzas in the pizza oven.
That also means that the pizza oven can cook those 4 pizzas inside it in just 90 seconds.
You will have crispy crusts on your pizzas every time and evenly cooked pizza toppings.
If you want to bake bread in this pizza oven, you can put batches of up to 4 kilograms in it.
There is enough space for the bread to fit, and the ceiling is high enough to allow the bread to rise.
With its large interior, you will be able to cook food that can feed up to 20 people at a time.
Like the other Alfa ovens, you can choose between three types of setups for this pizza oven.
1. Has a pyrometer that puts out the average temperature so you can see it at a glance.
2. You have two ergonomic handles so you can keep a good grip when opening and closing it.
3. It has a large cooking capacity for your parties and gatherings.
- It can be hard to control the temperature, especially for beginners.
6. Alfa Allegro Pizza Oven Bundle
Just like all the Alfa pizza ovens on this list, this pizza oven is manufactured in Italy.
A place where you can be sure that they know how to make pizza and make pizza ovens.
This pizza oven is large enough to cook 4 pizzas in one go.
It has different materials such as powder coating, refractory bricks, and more to perform perfectly.
With a maximum temperature of 1000 degrees Fahrenheit, this pizza oven can cook your pizzas in 60 seconds.
You will be able to make the best and crispiest crust on any of your pizza recipes.
The floor of this pizza oven has interchangeable bricks made from refractory cement.
That means that it can keep the temperature balanced and evenly distributed.
The thick floor of the oven helps heating the interior while dealing with the moisture on your pizza crust.
It immediately vaporizes the moisture to keep the crust crispy.
I like the dedicated base for this pizza oven since it has two side tables that fold when not used.
It also has a warming drawer under the pizza oven, so I recommend you get it too.
1. Can keep the heat at high temperatures with the help of the dome and stainless steel build.
2. The refractory bricks are also helpful in keeping the pizza oven hot.
3. Has two ergonomic handles so you can hold the large door properly and safely.
1. The dedicated base sells separately, so you need a durable surface to place it on.
7. ilFornino Professional Series Wood Fired Pizza Oven
If you’re looking for a large wood-fired pizza oven, you should look into the details of this option. It uses high-grade stainless steel.
The 430 stainless steel is of high thickness, which means that it can last for a long time. Also, the construction is quite sturdy, which means that using the pizza oven for many years is not a problem.
An additional feature is that it consists of high-density insulation. When you compare it with an average pizza oven, it is five times insulated.
It uses ceramic blankets for insulation between double-wall stainless steel construction. Due to this very reason, the insulation is on the higher side.
Another advantage of such a high insulating layer is that heat retention is also higher. It means that the amount of wood in use for cooking or baking the pizza is quite less.
That is why; it is quite economical to operate. The total cooking area inside is 1007 in². It means that you can cook multiple pizzas simultaneously.
The assembling time is around 25 minutes, which means that you can get it up and running in no time once you are at it.
The lid consists of a thermometer that helps you in monitoring the temperature. It can attain a high temperature in just minutes.
When you look at the pizza cooking time, it is 70 seconds only. Thus, you will not have to wait for your favorite delicacy.
With the help of thick refractory stone, you can be sure that there is even heat distribution. As a result, you get that authentic wood-fired taste.
It comes with a professional peel, manual and a brush.
So; the additional accessories that you need along with the oven come with it. When you’re looking for a wood-fired pizza oven with a large cooking area, you can go with this one.
1. The ilFornino Pizza Oven comes with nice sturdy construction, and the oven can last for years if proper maintenance completes.
2. The Pizza Oven has a really large cooking space which means that you can cook more than one pizza at a time, and you can even go ahead and cook other recipes inside it.
It gives you the freedom to explore a lot and make different dishes inside the pizza oven.
3. The Pizza oven is an authentic wood-fired pizza oven, so you can burn larger wood logs inside.
This way the oven remains hot for quite some time making the heat retention on the oven good.
4. You might need an IR thermometer to measure the temperature of the surfaces inside the oven so that you can cook well.
5. The Pizza oven stand comes with space to store the wooden logs making it accessible while cooking. The stand also comes with wheels making it easy to move around the oven in the backyard.
1. It is pretty huge, and you might want to have a dedicated space for the oven in your backyard.
2. It is not portable.
Are Wood-Fired Pizza Ovens Worth It?
First off, wood-fired pizza ovens can help you cook your pizzas faster.
So the food retains all the nutrients and it also helps that the texture is crispy when cooked.
Wood-fired pizza ovens might be a little harder to figure out when you are a beginner and you do not know how to control them, but it is easy, and it only takes a few practices.
They are also very versatile, which means that you can cook almost anything in these types of pizza ovens. You can experiment with recipes that you cannot usually cook in conventional ovens.
Who Makes The Best Wood Pizza Oven?
For people who want to invest in the best wood-fired pizza oven and have no trouble putting a lot of money into it, I recommend the Chicago CBO-750 as perhaps the best wood-fired pizza oven.
The Alfa Pizza pizza oven is a great pizza oven that can cook your pizzas like high-end options. The huge difference is that you do not have to pay a lot of money to get the same results.
If you want to get a budget pizza oven that can cook large pizzas but is not that expensive, then the Ooni Karu 16 or Ooni Karu 12 are the perfect choices for you.
They can cook just as well as the large pizza ovens on the high-end spectrum of pizza ovens, but they are much cheaper, so you can still save money while cooking the best pizzas.
Is Wood-fired Pizza Healthier?
Wood-fired pizza is much healthier than other types of pizza because of the way it cooks. Wood-fired pizza ovens can cook faster than other types of pizza ovens.
The fast cooking time means that you can lock all the nutrients inside the ingredients you have used. That means that you can eat more of the important nutrients in your toppings.
You can be sure that the nutrients do not get burnt out of the food. You just have to master how to properly handle pizza in a wood-fired pizza oven so you get the best out of the ingredients.
Is Wood-fired Pizza Better?
Overall, wood-fired pizza is better than other pizzas since they are healthier, first and foremost. You can have more of the nutrients you need from the food since they cook faster.
Wood-fired pizza ovens are also able to put a unique flavor from the smoke. You cannot get this type of flavor in charcoal ovens, let alone gas or electric ovens.
The results are also far better than pizzas cooked for a longer time. The crust is not soggy, the toppings cook evenly and the pizza is better overall.
How Do You Fire A Wood-fired Pizza Oven?
There are only a few easy steps to light your wood-fired pizza oven.
Start by opening the door and all the vents in the pizza oven, and place the wood in the firebox, make sure to start with thin ones.
Get a piece of paper or a firestarter and then place it on the wood.
Light the fire starters with a lighter and then let the wood ignite until they can produce some embers or, better yet, flames.
Add the larger pieces of wood and then close the door.
Ensure that you leave all the vents open to start the fire better, allow the flames to go up, and then wait for the oven to reach its maximum temperature.
What Can You Cook In Wood-Fired Pizza Oven?
Aside from pizza, there are a lot of foods that you can cook in a wood-fired oven.
You can sear steaks, bake bread, roast vegetables, fish, barbecued meats, and many more.
If you master how to control the high temperature inside the oven, you can cook anything.
Since the pizza oven uses wood, you can even smoke meat inside it as long as you control the temperature.
Remember that the insulation, pizza stone, and other materials in the pizza oven help each other to balance the heat inside so you can cook any type of food in it whenever you want to.
What to look for when choosing the best wood-fired pizza oven?
Many consumers make the mistake of considering all the specifications while choosing the wood-fired pizza ovens. Instead of looking at the technical jargon, it is essential to know the factors to consider.
You have to first look at the construction quality. It should use sturdy material like stainless steel or aluminum. Also, you have to look at the insulation on the offer. If it is double-walled, that is a definite advantage.
Also, if you are looking for a pizza oven that would fit a given space in your backyard then make sure that the construction and design of the pizza oven fit the place.
There are times when you feel like you want a pizza oven but it is either too small or too big for the space you have in mind.
You always have to find out whether you can cook just a single pizza in it or multiple pizzas.
If you often have friends over or want to use the pizza oven for get-togethers, it is better to buy one which has a large cooking area. It will ensure that you can cater to the demand quite easily.
When using the wood-fired pizza oven, the turnaround time is quite less. However, it is always better to find out about the turnaround time before buying one.
Anything under 2.5 minutes is a good idea. Of course, that depends on how crisp you need the crust. If you need the crisp pizza crust, it takes more time.
Generally speaking, anything under 2.5 minutes for regular pizza is an excellent option to consider.
We are speaking about the wood-fired pizza ovens. However, some models are compatible with other types of fuel as well. If you want to use a wood oven occasionally, you should prefer these models.
If you’re sure that you only need wood-fired pizza ovens, you can go with ones that work exclusively with wood or wooden pellets. The choice is entirely up to you.
These are the four factors to help you select the right wood-fired pizza oven. We will now proceed towards sharing with you the top 10 options available. Once you go through these options, it becomes easy to choose the right one.
Portability of the Pizza Oven
Another factor that you want to consider with wood-fired pizza ovens is that if you want your pizza ovens to be portable. There are so many wood-fired pizza ovens that need some serious help if you want to move them.
But there are a few that can be easily moved and you can even take these pizza ovens with you on camping trips. Ooni Pizza Ovens and the Roccbox Pizza Oven is the perfect example of portable pizza ovens.
There are some people who expect to cook more than just pizzas inside the oven. If you want to cook meat or maybe bread inside the oven then you have to look for one that has a wider cooking space in order to fit in the dishes.
You might want to consider your options before you choose the pizza oven as a few ovens are very limited to cooking pizzas. The Uuni 3 is a great example of a portable wood-fired pizza oven that is pretty good for cooking only pizzas inside.
The space inside the oven is very narrow to fit in any other dishes and hence you are limited to cooking only pizzas with it. The Ooni Pro, on the other hand, has a larger cooking space, hence you can cook anything inside the pizza oven.
Whenever you are buying a pizza oven make sure that the heat retention on the pizza oven is pretty good. By heat retention, we mean that the cooking temperatures inside the oven do not fluctuate a lot.
If the heat retention is low then the temperature of the oven can drop down pretty quick and you would need to consistently add more wood in the oven to maintain the cooking temperature.
So, make sure you have a pizza oven with good heat retention as that would help you make pizzas one after the other quickly without the need for consistently adding fuel in the oven.
Most of the pizza ovens come with a thermometer inbuilt but I would suggest that you should get an IR thermometer so that you can easily measure the temperature of different surfaces inside the pizza oven.
This helps you with cooking the pizza at the right temperature so that you get the perfect crisp base that you are looking for.
Do let us know which one is your pick in the comments below!
If you like the post, then do not forget to share it on social media!