You can bake authentic pizza only in a wood-fired oven. There is a misconception that wood-fired ovens are quite bulky. However, that is not a problem at all.
These days, modular and sleek wood-fired pizza ovens are available as well. That is why, when you’re looking for one for your home, you can easily find suitable options.
There are so many different wood-fired pizza ovens available these days that it can be challenging to pick the right one.
You have to be pretty selective. Today, we will share with you; not just the best wood-fired pizza oven but also some factors which you should consider while buying one.
1. Ooni Pro Multi-Fueled Outdoor Pizza Oven
The Ooni Pro pizza oven is the first oven on our list is a portable pizza oven. It is suitable for outdoor use. It can help you in cooking a pizza in just 60 seconds.
It will not be time-consuming even when you have to cook pizza in bulk for parties and get-togethers. The Pizza oven has pretty good heat retention which means you can easily cook pizzas back to back.
There is so much that one can explore with the Ooni Pro pizza oven. You can basically cook any recipe that you throw at this pizza oven.
You can heat it to 932F and it just takes 20 minutes to attain that temperature. The best part of this pizza oven is that you can use different fuels.
The Ooni Pizza oven is easy to assemble as well and if needed you can move it around or take it on a camping trip. Overall, Ooni Pizza Oven is am
You can use wood, gas, charcoal, and pellets to heat it. Since you’re looking for the wood-fired pizza ovens, you can use wood pellets. It will help you get that authentic taste.
When it comes to the size, it is compatible with 16-inch pizzas. You can also roast meat, veggies and a variety of other delicacies in it.
The insulated steel body means that it is entirely safe to use. It consists of stone as well, which ensures that heat spreads evenly.
Also, with the help of high heat retention, the use of fuel is limited. When looking for a heavy-duty wood-fired pizza oven, you cannot ignore this option.
1. It is really easy to use and user-friendly.
2. There is not much assembly involved which means you can easily get started with using the pizza oven once you receive it.
3. You can easily cook a pizza within a minute which means you can cook a lot of pizzas back to back.
4. The pizza oven reaches really high temperatures easily and you do not need to wait for 20-30 minutes to preheat hte pizza oven. preheating the Ooni Pizza oven might just take about 10-15 minutes depending on the fuel.
5. The heat retention on the pizza oven is excellent which means it does not dissipate heat to the surroundings and maintains a constant temperature.
6. It is a multi-fueled pizza oven so you can choose if you want to use wood, gas or charcoal as the fuel.
7. It has the best price/feature balance making it our #1 Recommendation
1. You cannot cook two pizzas at the same time.
2. ROCCBOX Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
The plus point of this outdoor pizza oven is that you can run it on wood or gas. The multi-fuel option makes it very easy to use. Additionally, it can heat up to 932F and it takes the oven about 10 minutes to reach this temperature.
The advantage of this pizza oven is that you can get the pizzas ready in just 60 seconds which is pretty similar to the Ooni Pro Pizza oven. That is why, if you’re having a party or a get-together, it is one of the best ovens to use.
It consists of an in-built thermometer. With the help of this thermometer, monitoring the temperature is possible. It also has retractable legs on offer.
It means that when you’re setting it up on any surface, it will be stable. The stainless steel construction means that it can handle wear and tear.
The body of the pizza oven from outside is insulated. It consists of a silicone skin. As a result, it is entirely safe to use. With the help of heat retention up to 86%, you can be sure that the fuel consumption is on the lower side.
As a result, even if you’re cooking food in bulk, there is no need to worry about increased fuel consumption. It is suitable for not just pizza but a variety of other delicacies.
It comes with the manual, which will help you in using it. The reason why you should go for it is because of the multi-fuel design.
The features on this pizza oven are very similar to that as the Ooni Pro and if you are wondering which one is better then check out our detailed comparison post on the two ovens where we compare each and every feature on the ovens.
1. The oven has minimum assembly involved and it is user-friendly.
2. You can easily get the oven heated up to high temperatures and cook pizzas within a few minutes. It does not take a lot of time to get the pizza oven started and then cook pies inside it.
3. You have enough space to try out some other recipes as well, although the cooking space is not as much as the Ooni Pro, you can get creative and use the pizza oven for cooking other dishes.
4. The heat retention on this pizza oven is pretty good so basically, you can cook multiple pizzas one after the other without worrying about the temperature dropping down.
5. It is a multi-fueled pizza oven.
6. It has a great price/feature balance.
1. The cooking space on the pizza oven is not a lot and you get Ooni Pro around the same price with much better features.
2. You cannot cook multiple pizzas at the same time.
3. Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
One of the distinct features of this outdoor pizza oven is that it can cook the pizza in just 60 seconds. Also, it can heat up to 932F. It takes only 10 minutes to heat it to that temperature.
So, you can use it for bulk cooking quite efficiently. Also, it is highly energy-efficient since it supports heat retention. Hence; the quantity of pellets required for roasting veggies, fish, and a variety of other ingredients is low.
Moreover, with the help of easy-to-use design, you will face no problem at all in using this outdoor pizza all.
With the help of a wooden pellet burner, lighting up this oven is not a problem. There is also a manual that will help you use it effortlessly. Also, it consists of instructions to follow.
All of these instructions ensure that even if you’re new to using such pizza ovens, you can do so with ease. With the help of a chimney clip, it is easy for you to set it up wherever you want.
It consists of a 3-legged design that facilitates quick and easy installation on any surface. Whether you’re installing it on the ground or the countertop or a table, the choice is entirely yours.
It will remain highly stable on any surface. One of the primary reasons why it is so efficient is because of the insulated body. Due to the insulated body, heat retention is on the higher side.
The stainless steel construction means that you will not have to worry about dents or other problems with the pizza oven. So, when looking for a highly stable pizza oven which can churn out pizza quickly, you can consider this one.
1. The pizza oven takes some time to assemble but once done, you can get started with cooking inside it within no time.
2. The wood pellets that you use inside the oven are eco-friendly as they produce really less smoke. This also means that the oven can reach higher temperatures really fast but you need to keep adding wood pellets to keep a constant temperature.
3. The pizza oven can cook pizzas really fast. You can get pizza cooked under 60 seconds which means that you can cook pizzas back to back.
4. The heat retention of the oven is good but you need to keep adding wood pellets in order to keep the flame burning.
5. The pizza oven is portable and lightweight, you can easily carry it around and take it on a camping trip if needed. Something that really impressed me was the portability of the pizza oven.
6. You can buy a gas burner for this pizza oven separately and also use it as a gas-fired pizza oven. This would make it a multi-fueled pizza oven.
7. It is a pretty affordable pizza oven. If you want a budget model for outdoor wood-fired pizza oven then without a second thought I would recommend the Ooni 3 Pizza Oven to you.
1. The Ooni 3 Pizza Oven comes with wood pellets as a fuel and you need to keep adding them consistently as they get burnt easily while cooking.
4. Napoli Wood Fire and Gas Outdoor Pizza Oven
The pizza oven which we are describing now is again an outdoor one. You can heat it with wood, charcoal or gas. The choice is entirely yours. Also, it can heat up to 930F.
Due to this very reason, you will get that authentic wood fire taste. Additionally, it can cook the pizzas quickly as well. It gives you the authentic experience of the brick oven pizza.
Also, when you look at the cavity, the dimensions are 12.5″ x 13.5″. As a result, you can cook the 12-inch pizzas quickly. The cleaning mechanism is also simple.
Once cool, you can then vacuum the oven, and you’re good to go. It takes little time to clean this pizza oven.
With the help of Cordierite stone, the heat distribution is quick and efficient. It also consists of a wooden tray, which means that you can easily store extra wood or pellets handy that you need to use for cooking. It is highly portable.
As a result, moving it around is possible. You can use it for baking not just pizza but also a variety of other recipes. It will help you get that authentic restaurant-style pizza.
If you’re looking for a convenient pizza oven, you should not miss this one.
1. Napoli wood-fired pizza oven is very similar to the Ooni 3 Pizza Oven, however, the assembly of the Napoli pizza Oven is relatively easier.
2. It is a multi fueled pizza oven so you can use wood, charcoal or gas as the fuel.
3. Heating up the oven to reach the desired temperature takes not a lot of time and once you have heated up the oven to the desired temperature, you can cook a lot of pizzas without any issues.
4. The Pizza oven has great heat retention which means you can cook multiple pizzas one after the other without feeling the need to consistently add fuel after every few minutes.
5. The Pizza Oven is portable making it easy to take it on camping trips as well.
6. The pizza oven comes with a great price/feature balance.
7. You would need to buy the gas burner on this pizza oven separately. It comes as a wood-fired pizza oven and you can make it a gas-fired oven by buying a separate attachment.
1. It does not have a large cooking space, so if you want to cook other dishes, then space can be an issue. Otherwise, the pizza oven is perfect for cooking Neopolitan style pizzas.
5. ilFornino Professional Series Wood Fired Pizza Oven
If you’re looking for a large wood-fired pizza oven, you should look into the details of this option. It uses high-grade stainless steel.
The 430 stainless steel is of high thickness, which means that it can last for a long time. Also, the construction is quite sturdy, which means that using the pizza oven for many years is not a problem at all.
An additional feature is that it consists of high-density insulation. When you compare it with an average pizza oven, it is five times insulated.
It uses ceramic blankets for insulation between double-wall stainless steel construction. Due to this very reason, the insulation is on the higher side.
Another advantage of such a high insulating layer is that heat retention is also higher. It means that the amount of wood in use for cooking or baking the pizza is quite less.
That is why; it is quite economical to operate. The total cooking area inside is 1007 in². It means that you can cook multiple pizzas simultaneously.
The assembling time is around 25 minutes, which means that once you are at it, you can get it up and running in no time.
The lid consists of a thermometer that helps you in monitoring the temperature. It can attain a high temperature in just minutes.
When you look at the pizza cooking time, it is 70 seconds only. Thus, you will not have to wait for your favorite delicacy.
With the help of thick refractory stone, you can be sure that there is even distribution of heat. As a result, you get that authentic wood-fired taste.
It comes with a professional peel, manual and a brush. So; the additional accessories that you need along with oven come with it. When you’re looking for a wood-fired pizza oven with a large cooking area, you can go with this one.
1. The ilFornino Pizza Oven comes with nice sturdy construction and the oven can last for years if proper maintenance is done.
2. The Pizza Oven has a really large cooking space which means that you can cook more than one pizza at a time and you can even go ahead and cook other recipes inside it. This gives you the freedom to explore a lot and make different dishes inside the pizza oven.
3. The Pizza oven is an authentic wood-fired pizza oven, so you can burn larger logs of wood inside. This way the oven remains hot for quite some time making the heat retention on the oven really good.
4. You might need an IR thermometer to measure the temperature of the surfaces inside the oven so that you can cook well.
5. The Pizza oven stand comes with space to store the wooden logs making it really accessible while cooking. The stand also comes with wheels making it easy to move around the oven in the backyard.
1. It is pretty huge and you might want to have a dedicated space for the oven in your backyard.
2. It is not portable.
6. Thor Wood Fired Stainless Steel Artisan Pizza Oven
The unique feature of this pizza oven is that it consists of 4 wheels. It means that you can move it around with ease. When you look at the construction, it has 430 stainless steel material.
The polished steel on the outer side makes it aesthetically pleasing.
Another advantage of this pizza oven is that it comes along with the necessary accessories like a wire brush, pizza peel, spatula, and a pizza cutter.
It means that you get an entire kit along with a wood-fired pizza oven.
The temperature range of this oven is 100F to 800F.
The rapid heating mechanism means that you will not have to wait for a long time to get the temperature that you want.
Also, with the help of ample cooking space, it is possible to bake at least three pizzas at a time.
It will save you plenty of time when you’re using this oven for get-togethers and parties.
When you look at the size of the oven, it is 32.5″ x 31″ x 49″. Also, the maximum size of the pizza which it can handle is 20.7″ diameter.
It means that it can accommodate bigger pizzas as well.
So, you will not have to bake multiple smaller ones time and again. It requires minimal assembling, which means that you can use this one almost instantly.
Another advantage of this oven is that it consists of a shelf at the bottom. On the side, there are hooks provided to place the accessories and other equipment handy.
As a result, it becomes easy for you to use the pizza oven. Since it comes with the accessories and also uses heavy-duty stainless steel material, it is one of the best pizza ovens for outdoor use.
1. The Pizza Oven comes with real solid construction and the oven can last you for years making in pretty durable in comparison to most of the pizza ovens out there.
2. The Pizza Oven comes with a place to hand all your accessories making it really easy while you are cooking pizzas.
3. The Oven has a large cooking space. This means that you can cook any other recipes apart from pizza inside this oven without any issues.
3. The heat retention on this pizza oven is pretty amazing as you ahve a lot of space to burn larger logs in comparison to the space that you get with the Ooni Pizza Ovens.
This way the oven would retain heat for really long periods of time enabling you to cook almost anything inside.
4. You can bake 20-inch pizzas which is pretty huge. You can even cook two pizzas simultaneously as you have a really large cooking space inside the pizza oven.
5. The Pizza Oven is userfriendly as you get a place to hang your cooking tools, space to store your wooden logs in the stand and it also comes with wheels at the bottom so you can move around the pizza oven whenever needed.
1. It is not a portable pizza oven
2. You need a dedicated space for this outdoor pizza oven in your backyard. Also, you might want to invest in tools like the IR thermometer and a decent pizza oven cover to keep it safe from the weather.
7. ilFornino Basic Wood Fired Pizza Oven
The USP of this outdoor pizza oven is that it has double-walled dome construction. It means that durability is on the higher side.
The double-wall structure also increases insulation, which is another advantage. The stainless steel construction means that wear and tear is not a problem at all. It uses 430 stainless steel.
It is corrosion-resistant and can handle any weather as well. With the help of a lightweight refractory insulation blanket, you can be sure that the heat retention on the inner side is quite high.
It means that even though it is a wood-fired pizza oven, the consumption of wood is on the lower side. It would be very economical to operate.
When you look at the cooking chamber inside, it consists of a 6-piece tiled cooking chamber. Due to this very reason, the cooking space inside is on the higher side.
Additionally, it includes 1-inch thick density firebricks. It means that you will not have to worry about the body of this stainless steel oven getting heated from the outer side.
It will retain the heat on the inner side. As a result, you can get that authentic wood-fired pizza taste. Also, the cooking space on offer is 980 in².
The advantage of such an ample cooking space is that you can cook multiple pizzas.
Once you get it, you can get it assembled in just 45 minutes. The lid consists of a thermometer which helps you in monitoring the temperature consistently. It includes accessories like a scraper, and peel.
Also, it comes with a manual, which means that even if you have not used such a pizza oven before, you can now use it easily. The stainless steel construction ensures that wear and tear is not a problem at all.
There is also a built-in ash catching tray, which means that any residue gets collected automatically. You should go with this pizza oven if you’re looking for an economical option.
1. The Pizza Oven is easy to use and you need minimum assembly in order to get started with using this pizza oven. The sturdy construction on this pizza oven makes it durable.
2. The pizza oven comes with a really large space that you can use to cook a variety of different dishes. You can cook anything from pizzas to bread inside the oven. Basically you can throw anything inside the oven and you would get it cooked to perfection.
3. The Oven is pretty huge so you can use larger wooden logs which means that you do not need to keep on adding fuel every 5 minutes in order to retain a constant temperature inside the oven.
4. You can cook pizzas within a minute or two. This means you can cook multiple pizzas inside the oven one after the other.
5. The Oven is a pretty good investment for someone looking for an amazing pizza oven for their backyard.
1. It is not a portable pizza oven
2. You need a dedicated space for this outdoor pizza oven in your backyard. Also, you might want to invest in tools like the IR thermometer and a decent pizza oven cover to keep it safe from the weather.
8. Harbor Gardens KUK002B Monterey Pizza Oven
If you’re looking for an outdoor pizza oven that you can place in your backyard, you can go with this option. It is wood-fired, which means that getting the authentic taste is possible.
When you look at its construction, it consists of the stainless steel dome.
The stainless steel material is heavy-duty and can make sure that the oven lasts for years together.
It requires little to no maintenance. With the help of solid welded construction, it is easy to use it day in and day out.
Also, there is a temperature gauge on offer, which ensures that you can monitor the temperature consistently.
With the help of enamel-coated steel construction, it can handle high heat efficiently.
It increases the heat retention of the oven as well. The dimensions of the oven are 61.25″ x 23.5″ x 16.5″.
It consists of 2 wheels so that moving it around in your backyard is possible.
Beneath the oven, you will also find a storage shelf.
You can store the utensils, pizza cutters, spatula, and other such accessories handy.
With the help of a brush, you can easily clean the cooking area. It will not take you a lot of time, either.
When you’re looking for a backyard pizza ovens specifically, it is a must-have option.
1. The Pizza Oven comes with a stand and everything so you do not need to clear out any space on a countertop to place hte oven. Although you might want to have space in your backyard to place the oven.
2. The Oven can make pizzas really quick making it really easy to host a pizza party with such a pizza oven.
3. The heat retention on this pizza oven is pretty good.
4. It comes with ample cooking space so you can try other recipes inside the oven, which is pretty amazing.
5. It comes with a stand where you have space to store the wood logs making it convenient to add them when needed inside the pizza oven.
1. It is not a portable pizza oven.
2. Even though it comes with a built-in thermometer, you might want to invest in an IR thermometer so that you get to know the exact surface temperatures inside the pizza oven that would help you make the perfect pizzas.
9. Maximus Black Wood Fire Oven
The advantage of this pizza oven is that it is relatively portable in comparison to the other pizza ovens that we have been discussing. Now, the pizza oven does weigh 55 kgs and you are going to
When you look at the construction, it consists of aluminum and steel walls. The floor uses ceramic tiles. As a result, heat retention is on the higher side. On the outer side, it has a black finish, which makes it visually appealing.
The USP of this pizza oven is that it can help you bake 30 pizzas in 60 minutes. On average, the 12-inch pizzas will take around 60-90 minutes to cook.
That is why it is perfect for get-togethers. It is a wood-fired pizza oven and therefore getting that authentic taste is quite easy.
It can easily double up as a bread-baking oven as well, which means that you can use it for a wide variety of recipes. The external dimensions are 27.6″ x 27.6″ x 38.6″. The oven is handmade.
When it comes to versatility, this is certainly one of the best wood-fired pizza ovens which you can consider.
1. The Maximus Pizza Oven is pure beauty. If you are looking for a pizza oven that looks grogeous and can cook almost anything apart from just pizzas inside it, then this oven fits the bill.
2. You can cook anything inside the pizza oven from cookies, bread, meat, and pizzas. Anything can be cooked inside the pizza oven considering how hot the pizza oven can get.
3. The oven can easily reach high temperatures and you can cook multiple pizzas inside it, well, not many, but definitely more than one.
4. High heat retention means the oven maintains the temperature without you having to constantly add more wood inside it. This makes it easy to cook anything inside the pizza oven.
5. The oven comes with an inbuilt thermometer.
6. It is a countertop pizza oven that requires minimal assembly.
1. It is pretty heavy so even though it is portable you might want to think twice before moving it to a new place.
2. It comes with an inbuilt thermometer and yet you might want to invest in a nice IR thermometer that would give you the exact temperature of different cooking surfaces.
10. Purenity Plus Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
The next pizza oven on my list is again a portable one. The advantage is that it is wood-fired. As a result, getting that authentic taste is possible. With the handle on top, operating it is quite easy.
It can help you cook 12-inch pizzas. As it uses wood, the real heat will bake the pizza. If you want to use any other fuel, you can opt for pellets and charcoal as well.
The additional fuel options add to the convenience. If you’re looking to get restaurant-quality pizza, this one can certainly help you out.
It uses 430 stainless steel. With the help of stainless steel construction, you can be sure that it will handle wear and tear.
You can assemble it within minutes, which means that you will not have to devote much time to set it up. When not in use, you can disassemble it and move it around.
The portability of this pizza oven along with the wood-fired nature makes it the right choice.
1. It can easily cook pizzas within a few minutes.
2. The oven is easy to assemble.
3. The oven is pretty similar to Ooni 3 hence it is highly portable as well. You can take it on trips as it is not that heavy.
4. It is multi-fueled.
Instead of going with any pizza oven, it is advisable to choose among these wood-fired ovens.
They can help you get that authentic taste. Moreover, most of these can handle multiple pizzas simultaneously and efficiently. That is why, when you’re longing for that genuine wood-fired pizza taste, these are the ovens to consider.
What to look for when choosing the best wood-fired pizza oven?
Many consumers make the mistake of considering all the specifications while choosing the wood-fired pizza ovens. Instead of looking at the technical jargon, it is essential to know the factors to consider.
You have to first look at the construction quality. It should use sturdy material like stainless steel or aluminum. Also, you have to look at the insulation on the offer. If it is double-walled, that is a definite advantage.
Also, if you are looking for a pizza oven that would fit a given space in your backyard then make sure that the construction and design of the pizza oven fit the place.
There are times when you feel like you want a pizza oven but it is either too small or too big for the space you have in mind.
You always have to find out whether you can cook just a single pizza in it or multiple pizzas.
If you often have friends over or want to use the pizza oven for get-togethers, it is better to buy one which has a large cooking area. It will ensure that you can cater to the demand quite easily.
When using the wood-fired pizza oven, the turnaround time is quite less. However, it is always better to find out about the turnaround time before buying one.
Anything under 2.5 minutes is a good idea. Of course, that depends on how crisp you need the crust. If you need the crisp pizza crust, it takes more time.
Generally speaking, anything under 2.5 minutes for regular pizza is an excellent option to consider.
We are speaking about the wood-fired pizza ovens. However, some models are compatible with other types of fuel as well. If you want to use a wood oven occasionally, you should prefer these models.
If you’re sure that you only need wood-fired pizza ovens, you can go with ones that work exclusively with wood or wooden pellets. The choice is entirely up to you.
These are the four factors to help you select the right wood-fired pizza oven. We will now proceed towards sharing with you the top 10 options available. Once you go through these options, it becomes easy to choose the right one.
Portability of the Pizza Oven
Another factor that you want to consider with wood-fired pizza ovens is that if you want your pizza ovens to be portable. There are so many wood-fired pizza ovens that need some serious help if you want to move them.
But there are a few that can be easily moved and you can even take these pizza ovens with you on camping trips. Ooni Pizza Ovens and the Roccbox Pizza Oven is the perfect example of portable pizza ovens.
There are some people who expect to cook more than just pizzas inside the oven. If you want to cook meat or maybe bread inside the oven then you have to look for one that has a wider cooking space in order to fit in the dishes.
You might want to consider your options before you choose the pizza oven as a few ovens are very limited to cooking pizzas. The Uuni 3 is a great example of a portable wood-fired pizza oven that is pretty good for cooking only pizzas inside.
The space inside the oven is very narrow to fit in any other dishes and hence you are limited to cooking only pizzas with it. The Ooni Pro, on the other hand, has a larger cooking space, hence you can cook anything inside the pizza oven.
Whenever you are buying a pizza oven make sure that the heat retention on the pizza oven is pretty good. By heat retention, we mean that the cooking temperatures inside the oven do not fluctuate a lot.
If the heat retention is low then the temperature of the oven can drop down pretty quick and you would need to consistently add more wood in the oven to maintain the cooking temperature.
So, make sure you have a pizza oven with good heat retention as that would help you make pizzas one after the other quickly without the need for consistently adding fuel in the oven.
Most of the pizza ovens come with a thermometer inbuilt but I would suggest that you should get an IR thermometer so that you can easily measure the temperature of different surfaces inside the pizza oven.
This helps you with cooking the pizza at the right temperature so that you get the perfect crisp base that you are looking for.
Do let us know which one is your pick in the comments below!
If you like the post, then do not forget to share it on social media!