If you want a pizza oven for making homemade pizzas then there is a good chance that you would want a portable countertop pizza oven.
This list of the best countertop pizza ovens is going to help you choose your perfect pizza oven.
The ones recommended here are the best-rated pizza ovens and you are not going to regret getting any one of these.
Countertop pizza ovens are great since you will not have to spend more money building a large concrete table or foundation to install them in.
You can set it on a sturdy table and start cooking pizzas.
Pizza ovens are more powerful than conventional ovens since they need to produce a lot of heat to make the crust of the pizzas crispy and cook the pizza toppings evenly.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see my full disclosure for further information.
That means that you can experiment with them and cook the recipes that you always wanted to cook but cannot because of the lack of proper heat from your conventional ovens.
The following list includes a list for both indoor and outdoor pizza ovens so you can choose whether you want to bask in the sun while you cook or just stay cozy indoors and get your pizza.
Either way, we have all the best options that you can choose from, and make sure to read up to the end as we also have a guide for you when you are trying to buy your countertop pizza oven.
Best Countertop Pizza Ovens
Electric Countertop Pizza Ovens
1. Breville The Smart Oven Pizzaiolo Countertop Pizza Oven
This Breville countertop pizza oven is a perfect match for your perfect pizzas. It is on the top for a reason and that is because it is one of the best electric countertop pizza ovens out there.
It is a little expensive but worth every penny. If you love Neapolitan pizzas then go for this oven without a second thought as it can help you make a pizza at home without using an outdoor pizza oven.
This is the only indoor countertop pizza oven that can cook you authentic Neapolitan pizza with the leopard spots.
It can do many things with advanced features that help balance heat, produce crispy crusts, and ensure that the pizza cooks to perfection.
The Breville countertop pizza oven is one of the best electric pizza ovens and definitely worth every penny.
The reason it makes it top on the list of the best countertop pizza ovens is that it is the only electric pizza oven that can produce Neapolitan pizzas.
- Breville countertop pizza oven maintains balanced temperatures all around the pizza.
- It has two heaters that allow you to cook the pizza evenly from top to bottom.
- The breville countertop pizza oven uses cordierite stone for that crispy crust every time you cook.
- Has enough space to manage your pizza inside, although that is not necessary.
- It can be too small for some users.
This pizza oven uses an algorithm that makes sure that the heat it produces is always balanced.
There are two heaters in it, one on top and one at the bottom, to cook the crust and the toppings.
This feature is called the Element IQ System which steers the power or the heat on both heaters.
That means that it supplies the proper amount of heat to cook the pizza evenly.
This pizza oven makes sure that the pizza you cook will always have evenly cooked toppings and crust along with its optimized deflector technology and the PID controller system.
The cordierite pizza stone inside the pizza oven also helps make sure that the pizza has a crispy crust every time.
It helps in distributing the heat evenly inside the pizza oven.
With a space of over 13 inches, you have a lot of space to cook 12-inch pizzas and manage them. However, you need to turn the pizza because of the balanced heat inside it.
2. Breville BOV900BSS Countertop Pizza Oven
Another Breville countertop pizza oven with a more familiar look to it can surely control this with the easiest control system. You can use this pizza oven not only for pizza but also for other types of recipes.
It is another best electric pizza ovens and if you are looking for an indoor pizza oven then this countertop pizza oven from Breville is not going to disappoint.
Features on this electric pizza oven are so amazing that it makes this oven #2 in the best countertop pizza oven list for the electric pizza oven section.
- It can cook in so many different ways, so you can experiment with your favorite recipes.
- It has convection fans to make sure that the heat distributes evenly inside.
- Has features that can help you dehydrate goods as well as other settings.
- It has a large capacity so you can serve several people at once.
- It has issues with the strength of the glass door.
Roast, fry, bake, dehydrate, and more with this pizza oven. With its 13 settings or options for cooking methods, you can surely cook anything that you want in this amazing pizza oven.
The two convection fans help make sure that there is enough heat inside the oven and that it is balanced.
It has 6 independent heating elements powered by the Element IQ System.
This pizza oven has a very large interior with a total of 1 cubic foot, so you can roast a whole chicken inside or cook large pizzas.
You can also put up to four racks at once in the oven.
It has an LCD display with a digital interface which means that even if you manually control the temperature and the timer with the knobs, you can still read the display pretty easily.
3. Oster Convection Oven With Dedicated Pizza Drawer
Oster convection oven is an electric pizza oven also a countertop pizza oven with a lot of settings that you can choose from to make the best types of recipes that you want to cook without changing from one appliance to another.
Oster oven is an electric oven with two ways in which you can cook your pizza. One is through the made oven door and another sliding door at the bottom of the pizza oven.
The only drawback is that you cannot operate both doors simultaneously.
It is an electric countertop pizza oven that works beautifully and helps you cook your pizzas with ease.
The reason this made it to the best countertop pizza oven list is because it not only has a cooking chamber but it also comes with a pizza drawer that help you cook pizza.
It would be great if both could work simultaneously which would make it the best electric pizza oven, however that is just not the case.
- It has a lot of cooking settings included for you to select from.
- It has a dedicated pizza drawer so you can use the other racks for other recipes.
- Large capacity means that you can cook more in a short time.
- It cleans easily with two separate crumb trays inside both chambers.
- The pizza drawer can be too narrow for pizzas.
- The pizza drawer and the top oven do not work simultaneously.
This pizza oven has many settings to choose from so you can cook your favorite food in any method you want.
You can cook different types of recipes at the same time in this pizza oven.
The top oven has a feature called the Turbo Convection Baking Technology, which simply means that you can cook faster and put beautiful golden-brown crusts on your food.
The downside that I see with this oven is that you cannot cook your pizzas in the pizza drawer while you cook another recipe in the top oven which means that you need to wait for some time.
The pizza drawer also has a low ceiling which means that you cannot cook thick-crusted pizzas.
It can fit a thin-crust 12-inch pizza inside so you can still feed up to four people at once.
4. Breville Pizza Maker Countertop Pizza Oven
Breville countertop pizza oven can cook large pizzas and can produce even heat. This is a compact pizza oven and best if you live alone in a small space.
This pizza oven can give you professional results while you cook peacefully inside the house in any weather.
- Has two heating elements that make sure the pizza is cooked evenly.
- It can automatically be adjusted to settings depending on the thickness of your crust.
- It is a very light pizza oven so you can bring it anywhere you want to cook.
- Made with great insulation to ensure even and uninterrupted heat.
- It has a small interior so you can only cook small pizzas.
- It is a bit bulky, so you might want to make space for its setup.
This pizza oven can cook pizzas in any style you want. It is very easy to use as you only need to control the two dials on top and set it to the right temperature or setting for a specific pizza.
I like this pizza oven because it has its setting for thin, medium, and thick-crusted pizzas, so you do not have to adjust the dial at very precise temperatures.
Just select the setting that matches the type of pizza that you want to cook, and the pizza oven will do the rest for you.
However, it can only bake 11-inch pizzas because of the small interior.
The pizza oven has its own built-in ceramic pizza stone that helps make sure that the heat inside is evenly distributed and the crust of your pizzas will always be crispy every time you cook.
5. Presto 03430 Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven
It is a very easy-to-use countertop pizza oven where you just put your pizza on it and then let the oven turn, manage, and cook the pizza for you, so all you need to do is wait for your delicious food.
It is one of the best countertop pizza oven as it has this rotating cooking station where you can easily cook pizzas and I find this as the best pizza oven for frozen pizzas.
You can use it if you live in a dorm or even in a flat sharing situation as it occupies very little space.
- It makes sure that your pizza is evenly cooked with its rotating tray.
- Two heating elements to ensure that the toppings are evenly cooked and the crust is crispy.
- It has a timer that signals you when the pizza is ready to eat.
- It automatically turns the heating elements off to make sure that it does not burn the pizza.
- It automatically turns on, which means that you need to act fast.
- Has maintenance issues that professionals can only fix.
This pizza oven is a unique one that does not cook the pizza in a closed environment.
It has a rotating tray that is large enough to fit 12-inch pizzas and cook them.
While the tray rotates your pizza, the heating element on top ensures that the pizza toppings cook evenly.
There is also a heating element under the pizza to make the crust crispy every time.
These heating elements have separate controls so you can select the right temperature for your toppings.
It has a non-stick baking pan that is also removable for easy cleaning and storing.
6. Hamilton Beach 31700 Countertop Pizza Oven
This is a pizza oven that does not need a lot of space to be set on. It is a tabletop pizza oven and you can place it on your kitchen countertop.
Eat great pizzas without having to order one outside so you can experiment with different toppings and flavors you want.
- Small and compact which means that you can place it anywhere you want.
- It makes sure that the pizza is cooked evenly with its rotating tray.
- It has vents on the lid that release the moisture from the crust for a crispy result.
- It has an automatic shut-off feature and it does not need preheating.
- There are two separate heating elements to cook the pizza evenly.
- The cooking capabilities are not the best.
- It has issues with longevity.
This pizza oven can cook 12-inch pizzas, which means that you can still cook a meal for a small family.
There are two heating elements in this oven to ensure evenly cooked pizzas all the time.
Once you have prepared your pizza, there is no need for you to wait for hours as this pizza oven does not need preheating.
You can cook right away and make amazing pizzas any time.
You can also cook other recipes in this pizza oven, such as burritos, fish sticks, fries, and more.
Ensure to take care of it properly for it to last long as there are complaints about its longevity.
7. Nostalgia Convection Toaster Oven
The Retro Series from Nostalgia is an amazing series composed of many oven models. This particular model can cook large pizzas so you can feed up to 10 people in a few minutes.
This toaster oven can make good pizzas making it a nice affordable countertop pizza oven to consider.
- It has a large capacity so you can cook for many guests at the same time.
- It has multiple settings so you can select the cooking method you prefer to use.
- It has a clear view window so you can see what is happening to your pizzas inside it.
- All the trays inside it, including the racks and baking pans are removable for easy cleanup.
- It cannot reach high temperatures to cook pizzas in 90 seconds.
At 0.7 cubic feet, this oven can cook two pizzas at a time with its multi-leveled racks.
So instead of waiting for one pizza to finish cooking, you can make the best pizzas in just one go.
You can also cook with other tools such as casseroles or make cookies in this oven.
There are multiple functions that you can choose from to cook your food the right way.
It can reach a maximum temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit which means that it can cook pizzas in about 8 minutes, so you do need to wait for the pizza for quite a while when cooking.
Outdoor Countertop Pizza Ovens
1. Ooni Karu 16 Pizza Oven
Ooni has been one of the leading pizza oven manufacturers in the industry for years. It has produced the Ooni Karu 16 which is a new Ooni pizza oven model for their slightly larger pizza ovens.
Ooni Karu 16 is one of the best countertop pizza ovens that you can gift yourself.
This outdoor pizza oven can cook pizzas within 60 seconds and if you have never cooked pizzas in an Ooni oven, then you are missing out.
Another one of the best outdoor pizza oven from Ooni. This brand keeps giving to the pizza loving community and you are going to appreciate the great pizzas you can make inside this pizza oven.
- It has a large cooking capacity which means you can cook more pizzas.
- It can use multiple types of fuel that you have available.
- It has features that help you cook your pizzas easily and make sure it cooks properly.
- It can get up to high temperatures to make sure you can cook authentic pizzas.
- It does not come with its gas burner attachment, and you have to buy it separately.
This pizza oven comes in with its wood and charcoal burner attachment.
While that might seem hard to use compared to the electric oven options, it brings something unique to the food.
You can get that authentic wood-fired flavor on your pizza in just a few seconds.
Its maximum getting up to 950 degrees Fahrenheit can cook pizzas in just 90 seconds or less.
Compared to the original models, the Karu 16 can cook large pizzas of up to 16 inches in diameter.
You can cook pizzas for 6-8 people at once and you do not have to wait a long time.
This pizza oven has the new ViewFlame door with a glass panel to see the interior while cooking.
There is also a digital thermometer along with a cordierite pizza stone to make your pizzas crispy.
If you are okay with cooking 12-inch pizzas, then Ooni has a smaller version of the same model called Ooni Karu 12 and you can check it out.
2. Ooni Koda 16 Gas-Fueled Pizza Oven
Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven model is another Ooni pizza oven and it is something that you can use outside while you cook barbecues on your grill.
This pizza oven, although large, makes sure that your pizza is cooked evenly on all sides. As the name suggests you can cook pizzas that are as big as 16 inches inside them.
You can use Ooni pizza ovens for baking, cooking meat, and vegetables.
Basically, you can throw anything inside the pizza oven and it is going to cook it beautifully. Ooni Koda 16 is one of my favorite propane gas pizza ovens from Ooni making it one of the best countertop pizza oven.
Everything about this Ooni Koda 16 pizza oven makes it the best outdoor pizza oven along with being one of the best countertop pizza oven since it is lightweight and cooks the best homemade pizzas.
The quality of pizzas you can cook with this pizza oven is just like how you find them in the pizzerias making it one of the best pizza ovens.
- This pizza oven has a large capacity and interior for managing large pizzas.
- It has a unique flame technology to make sure that the interior is heated up evenly.
- It can cook pizzas in just 60 seconds which makes the pizza crusts crispy all the time.
- It can be hard to manage, especially for beginners because of its powerful heat.
- It needs a large space on the table outdoors.
This pizza oven has the most unique flame technology with its L-shaped flames.
This means it has burners that run at the back of the oven and on the left-hand side of the interior.
The L-shaped flames compensate for the large interior and make sure that the entire interior of the pizza oven is heated up evenly. This, however, can be too powerful for some.
You need to make sure that you always attend to it when you are cooking your pizza and turn it around every 20 seconds to make sure that it does not burn from the intense heat inside.
The cordierite stones inside the pizza oven make sure that your pizza has a crispy crust every time.
It also preheats in just 20 minutes to not have to wait for long hours before you can cook.
If you want a smaller version of this pizza oven that is lighter and cooks 12-inch pizzas as the maximum size, then you can check out the Ooni Koda 12 pizza oven.
3. Ooni Pro 16 Countertop Pizza Oven
Ooni Pro 16 pizza oven from Ooni is also a larger version compared to the original models made by the same company.
It can cook large pizzas so you can use them when you have parties in your backyard. It is the best multi-fueled countertop pizza oven and you are going to love owning this oven.
If you are looking for a multi-fuel pizza oven then Ooni Pro 16 and the Ooni Karu 16 have to be the best countertop pizza oven options.
- It has a powerful burner that allows you to cook pizzas in just 60 to 90 seconds.
- It has great insulation, which also means that it does not use up too much fuel.
- It has a large cooking space that can cook 16-inch pizzas with enough space to manage them.
- It can easily mess up the pizza and burn the edges if you leave it unattended.
If you want to cook pizzas in just a few seconds, you can use the Ooni Pro.
This pizza oven can cook 16-inch pizzas in just 60 seconds using propane gas as its fuel.
It only has a single burner placed at the back and can be controlled with the knob that comes with the burner attachment.
The dome helps distribute the heat evenly inside the oven.
However, you need to stand near the pizza oven and make sure that you turn the pizza around now and then so that the flames at the back do not burn one side of the pizza crust.
It has a chimney to properly manage the temperature inside. You can use the chimney to control the temperature inside, plus it has a cap that protects the interior from moisture and rain.
4. Gozney Roccbox Pizza Oven
Gozney Roccbox Pizza Oven is another company that has been producing pizza ovens, and they went up the ranks when they introduced the Roccbox pizza oven because of its amazing cooking capabilities.
- It has one of the thickest insulations for a portable pizza oven.
- It heats up quickly and makes sure that your pizza cooks in just 60 seconds or less.
- It is safe to touch on the outside even if the heat inside is at the maximum temperature.
- This pizza oven has a lot of features to offer as well as accessories to make cooking easier.
- It is pretty heavy and quite fragile, so do not drop or place it on an uneven surface.
This pizza oven has a thermometer on the side that reads both Celsius and Fahrenheit.
That way, you will know the exact temperature inside so you can time the cooking process precisely.
It has a thick ceramic insulation which means that even after the flames have died down, the interior of the pizza oven can stay hot for a long time, allowing you to cook other recipes.
The only hindrance is that the Roccbox has a small opening so you can only cook other foods that can fit in its opening.
The same insulation makes the outer part cool and safe to touch.
When you order this pizza oven, you can get both the wood and gas burner attachments so you can switch fuels easily.
There are also accessories such as the pizza peel to help you cook easier.
5. Ooni Fyra 12 Countertop Pizza Oven (Budget Model)
Ooni Fyra 12 pizza oven lies on the more portable spectrum of pizza ovens with its small and compact design.
This Ooni pizza oven is one of the best outdoor pizza ovens as it is affordable, cooks amazing pizzas, and is lightweight giving you a great price/feature balance.
It also has features that make it even more portable, along with its power to cook quickly.
- It uses pellets as fuel so you can get that authentic smoked flavor in your pizza.
- It weighs only 10 kilograms which means that you can carry it anywhere you want to cook.
- It heats up pretty quickly, so once your pizza is ready, you can cook right away.
- It cooks your pizza quickly, so the crust is always crispy.
- It can be too small for cooking a meal for the whole family.
The Ooni Fyra is made from stainless steel and is powder-coated, which means that it can last for a long time even if you leave it outdoors, although I recommend putting a cover on it.
It is a small pizza oven that can fit 12-inch pizzas inside, so you can make pizzas quickly with a small group of people.
It can heat up to 950 degrees Fahrenheit, so it cooks pizzas in 90 seconds.
It has a detachable chimney that you can use to control the temperature inside.
Once you are ready to go, you can place the chimney inside the oven, fold the legs, and carry the pizza oven.
The pellets used in this pizza oven help in creating that wood-fired flavor induced into your pizza.
It is also fuel-efficient which means that you do not need a lot of pellets to cook pizzas.
6. Bertello Countertop Pizza Oven(Budget Model)
You possibly know about Bertello pizza oven as it has been on shows like Shark Tank and journals like the New York Times. It has been part of those shows because of its worthy features.
I love this oven and it is as good as an Ooni pizza Oven, it works beautifully and makes authentic Neapolitan pizzas.
The price is great and it is a multi-fuel pizza oven which is a rare feature at the given price range. If you like to make authentic pizzas then this is one of the best portable pizza ovens.
Bertello is great budget model and an affordable pizza oven considering that it is a multi-fuel pizza oven.
- It is a very light and portable pizza oven so you can bring it to tailgating and camping trips.
- It has great materials that make it durable and resistant to moisture and sunlight.
- It heats up quickly, and you can cook your pizzas within 10 minutes of preheating.
- It can be hard to use for beginners.
At only 29 pounds, You can carry this pizza anywhere you want to cook.
It does not have a chimney that gets in the way, and it has foldable legs so you can place it in the car when traveling.
With its walls, floor, and ceiling insulated, you can make sure that the pizza oven retains heat.
That way, you do not have to bring with you lots of fuel when you are on the road.
It has a cordierite pizza stone, which means that it can almost instantly remove the moisture from the dough, create a crispy crust on your pizza, and help distribute the heat evenly.
This pizza oven has a wood and charcoal burner attachment, so if you want to use propane gas tanks, you need to purchase a separate burner attachment for the gas option.
7. Carbon Countertop Pizza Oven
This pizza oven is a very powerful pizza oven that can always ensure crispy crusts. It has a powerful burner set under the pizza stone to retain heat and cook the crust properly.
- Has a unique flame system that makes sure that the pizza stone is always heated.
- It has the highest maximum temperature for a portable pizza oven on the market.
- It can cook pizza in just 90 seconds with crispy crusts and evenly cooked toppings.
- It has accessories that can further help you make authentic Neapolitan pizzas easily.
- Although portable, it takes up more space than the other pizza ovens on the list and it is pretty heavy.
This pizza oven is unique because it has two burners placed on top and at the bottom.
The top burner ensures that the heat inside the pizza oven is evenly distributed and is hot enough.
The bottom burner heats the pizza stone properly to not lose heart when you place the cold pizza dough on it.
This helps it cook the pizza crust with crispy results with golden brown color.
The floor has a 5/8-inch thick firebrick which helps in retaining heat.
The pizza oven has collapsible legs that make it easy to transport and requires less space for storing.
It can reach a maximum temperature of 1000 degrees Fahrenheit which means that it can cook pizzas in just 60 seconds. It can cook 14-inch pizzas for the whole family with its large interior.
Buying Guide For Countertop Pizza Ovens
You can easily choose from one of the pizza ovens on the list, but if you are looking for another model, you should look for these things on a countertop pizza oven to get the best.
Type Of Fuel
There are many different types of fuel used in different types of countertop pizza ovens.
You should choose something that uses fuel of which you have an abundant supply.
On the other hand, wood-fired pizza ovens can produce high temperatures and authentic tastes added to your pizza, but they can be quite inconsistent, especially if you do not know how to control them.
Fuel usage is also something that you should consider as you would need a pizza oven that heats up quickly and reaches high temperatures without spending too much time and fuel.
The type of pizza oven that you would want to get should go with your style of cooking.
See, pizza ovens are completely versatile, so you should take advantage of them by cooking other dishes.
Some pizza ovens produce high temperatures that can sear meat and vegetables.
However, they can lack retaining capabilities, so they cool down pretty quickly.
Pizza ovens made from stone insulation such as bricks, cordierite, and ceramic are great for retaining heat, even for hours. However, you will need to wait a long time for them to heat up.
Suppose you are considering pizza alone, or you might have other reliable appliances to cook other recipes.
In that case, you should go with a pizza oven that can cook authentic pizza.
There are pizza ovens that can heat up quickly and retain heat for hours.
Choose those so you can cook more pizzas that always result in crispy crusts and evenly cooked pizza toppings.
Size Of Cooking Space
You also need to plan how you will cook and for whom you are cooking. If you just plan to cook for a small family, I recommend getting the more portable options on the list.
If you are planning on hosting many gatherings with many people to feed, you should adjust that and get the larger pizza ovens that you can find so you can cook larger and faster.
Portable pizza ovens should be enough for small meals to cook 1 or 2 pizzas in a few minutes.
Larger pizza ovens are a bit of a hassle since you need to find large spaces for them.
Indoor Or Outdoor?
You need to consider where to put your pizza oven. Whether you want it indoors or outdoors so you can prepare a proper space for you to set it up and not damage other appliances.
There are proper guidelines for indoor pizza ovens that you need to follow to avoid fire hazards.
You cannot use something too powerful or a pizza oven that emits too many fumes and smoke.
When getting an outdoor pizza oven, make sure to invest in a cover, especially if you will leave it outside.
If not, make sure you have enough space to store the pizza oven inside.
There are also portable pizza ovens that you can get and use outdoors.
They are perfect for people who love traveling and cooking on the road or camping or tailgating trips.
You need to know how to properly maintain and clean the pizza ovens, whether it is an indoor or outdoor pizza oven, to last for years and continue cooking amazing pizzas.
If you like the post then do not forget to share it on social media!