Chiminea is basically a fireplace with a round body and a chimney that acts as an outlet to all the smoke.
Chiminea can be made up of clay or cast iron. There are a lot of different chiminea style ovens out there on Amazon and if you are interested in getting one for your home then you should definitely check them out.
Now, coming back to the traditional chiminea ovens, they pretty much combine a fireplace and a cooking stove.
They are usually made up of clay as that way, they are lighter so you can easily move them around.
The ones made up of clay have their own advantages and disadvantages which we have discussed in another post which you can read HERE.
If you already own one and want to learn how you could cook pizzas in them then this post is going to cater to that.
Cooking a pizza oven inside a chiminea is going to be really easy and all that you need in order to get started is a stand and a pizza stone.
How to cook a pizza inside a Chiminea Pizza Oven
1. Take a sturdy stand that can hold the pizza stone inside the chiminea without any issue.
2. Make sure there is some space inside the chiminea so that you can place the stand inside without any issues.
3. Now place the pizza stone on top of the stand and keep the whole setup inside the chiminea to preheat it.
4. You can use an IR thermometer to see if the pizza stone has reached a temperature as high as 500 degrees Fahrenheit and once it has you can place your pizza on top of the pizza stone.
5. Now, cook the pizza for a few minutes and take it out when you think it is done.
The pizzas that cook inside the chiminea do taste amazing and since you are using wood as a fuel here inside the Chiminea, the pizza ends up tasting like the ones from a wood-fired pizza oven.
If you have any other ways that you use to cook a pizza inside the Chiminea then let us know in the comments below!
If you like the post then do not forget to share it on social media!