There are so many Vegan Cheese Sauce recipes out there that it just gets difficult to choose which one is the best. Now, I have been trying out different recipes to make cheese which tastes very close to the dairy cheese.
It has been a painful journey because you feel so disappointed when something looks as good as cheese does but in reality it tastes like crap and you have no other option. but to throw the entire sauce that you made.
Is it just me or do you feel bad throwing away food too?
Anyway, I finally found a cheese sauce that actually worked well for me and I pretty much liked the taste. It was close to dairy cheese and it might not be as good as dairy cheese but it was pretty close.
Recipe for making the best Vegan Cheese Sauce
-1/2 Cup Cashews
-1 Garlic Clove
-Few drops of lemon juice
-1 tbsp of Nutritional Yeast
-Salt to taste
1. Soak the cashews for a few hours and then put it in a blender along with the nutritional yeast, . Once you mix it inside the blender, you are going to get a nice smooth, silky textured paste.
2. Next add salt, garlic, and lemon juice. You can increase or decrease in the quantity of any one of these ingredients in order to get a better taste.
3. That’s all, your vegan cheese sauce is now ready and you can enjoy this with your garlic bread or even use it in pasta to get that creamy texture in dishes.
I have personally tried this recipe and used it with spaghetti and pasta and loved the taste. It tastes really good and you are going to appreciate making it at home since it is cost-effective as well.
You can make it in bulk and store it for the future. It can last almost 3-5 days in the fridge but I prefer to make it finish it within 3 days so that I do not have to throw it away later.
Another recipe that I tried in order to make Vegan cheese was this one below and honestly, I did not like the taste of it as much as this one but you can definitely give it a try and check out which one works best for you!
Recipe for making Cheddar Cheese Sauce
– 1 medium-sized potato
– 1 Carrot
– 1 Garlic Clove
– 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
– Lemon (some drops)
1. Chop all the potato and carrot and boil it till it gets all soft and mushy. Now strain the water and put the carrot and potato in a blender.
2. All, Nutritional yeast, garlic clove, salt and lemon, and blend everything till you get a smooth paste. Your cheddar cheese sauce is ready and you can get a decent cheesy flavor from the mix.
In case you need more cheesy flavor you can add more of the nutritional yeast.
There are some people who even like adding onions to the mix and you can do that. You would be adding onions when you boil the potato and the. carrot and blend it in the mix.
Overall, I did not like the taste of this mix and it was because of adding potatoes. You can vary the ingredients and add something else to this mix too if you think it helps the taste get better.
If you have tried this recipe out and have some variation to the recipe I mentioned then do let me know in the comments below as I would be thrilled and excited to try out your ideas.
Another recipe that looks interesting and I’m yet to try is this one below! If someone tries it, do let me know how it turns out in the comments below!
If you liked the post then do not forget to share it on social media!