The Bakers Pride Oven company, which claims to have invented the modern oven for mass production of pizzas was founded in the mid-1940’s in Bronx, New York. Since then, the company has developed a wide range of equipment for commercial kitchens and other applications like broiling, heating, cooking equipment and ovens.
To comply with the stringent food safety norms, Bakers Pride also has a wide range of kitchen supplies starting from heavy duty stands, decks, vent fewer hoods. For heating and frying applications, fryers, hot plates, stockpots, griddles, char-broilers and cheesemelters are also available in different sizes and specifications.
The company manufactures a wide range of ovens like Deck ovens, convection ovens, and countertop electric ovens. The countertop ovens are suitable for use in smaller commercial kitchens which do not have sufficient space for a deck oven. These ovens are available in a variety of configurations with the number of baking chambers and size of the baking deck varying according to the model selected.
Most of the deck ovens are using electricity as an energy source, though an oven using propane gas a fuel is also available. The Baker’s Pride Electric Countertop Pizza Oven is a more compact oven model suitable for finishing the cooking of a variety of frozen items like pretzels and pizzas with a crust and heating them if required.
Features of the Baker’s Pride Electric Pizza Oven
1. The PX-14 Electric Countertop Oven from Bakers pride has a deck height of 3 inches, making it suitable for applications where space is limited. The oven has an option to allow independent control of temperatures at the top and bottom for greater flexibility while heating. It has a timer for adjusting the cooking time to up to fifteen minutes.
2. The timer has an option for a continuous alarm to alert the user, and manually shut off when not required. The baking rack used in the oven is made from wire and will slide out as required, for placing or removing the pizza or other food items, and also for cleaning.
3. The temperature in the PX-14 electric oven can be adjusted between 284 and 680 degrees Fahrenheit depending on the temperature required for cooking the pizza, pretzel or other food items. The heating elements at the top and bottom of the oven are made from Incoloy.
4. The baking chamber of the oven is made from aluminized steel, is welded during manufacturing to withstand high temperatures, heating without affecting its performance in any way. The power consumption of the PX-14 countertop pizza oven is 1500 watts, though it may vary depending on the temperature settings of the oven and the food item being cooked.
5. The exterior of the PX-14 pizza oven is made of stainless steel, which does not get corroded easily when exposed to water, and can be cleaned. The oven has a crumb tray made of steel which can be pulled out whenever required using the knob. The baking wire rack has an insulated handle which allows the heated rack to be removed safely and quickly.
6. The oven has legs made of a phenolic material which are one inch long, and thermally insulate the oven from the surface where the oven is being kept. The dimension of the electric oven is 19.62 inches in width, 8.18 inches in height and 16.5 inches in depth. The size of the wire rack which is provided is 13.35 inches X 13.87 inches
7. The entire PX-14 electric pizza oven is fully insulated to prevent any kind of electric shock. A six-inch electric cable with plug is supplied for connecting the oven to a suitable power supply. In addition to the standard American power supply of 120 V, the oven model is also available for international power supply ratings like the 240 V power supply.
8. The item has a weight of 45 pounds. It conforms to all the widely recognized quality norms for ovens of the size and rating like Underwriters Lab, UL, NSF, SA, CE, so buyers of the oven can be assured that they are purchasing a quality product for safe cooking. A one-year limited warranty is offered on the electric oven.
Some of the advantages of the Baker’s Pride PX-14 Electric Oven are
– temperature range for heating can be controlled as required over a wide range depending on the pizza or other food item being heated.
– adjustable timer with alarm available so that the cooking time can be varied as required
– the temperature for the top and bottom heating in the oven can be modified separately according to the food item being cooked, allows more control.
– suitable for international voltage levels
– stainless steel construction ensures that the oven is durable and will not get corroded when exposed to water
– insulated handle for safe handling of the sliding wire rack
– a compact sized oven will not take up much space in the kitchen and is ideal for smaller restaurants and takeaways
– can be used for making a wide range of food items like pizzas, pretzels, hot wings and other fast foods which have a crust which is already baked
Disadvantages of the oven
– the limited capacity of the oven which has a single baking chamber, it can be used to make only one pizza at a time
– not suitable for making a large number of pizzas quickly as each pizza will have to be heated separately
– fairly expensive compared to similar rating ovens
– not suitable for nonfrozen food items with a rising crust due to the limited size of the oven
The user manual and operation manual for the PX-14 Bakers Pride Oven are available and can be downloaded from the website of the manufacturer.
It is highly recommended that the user should read the manual thoroughly and follow the instructions before installing the oven, to ensure optimal performance of the oven, and smooth operation of the open, with fewer repairs and less maintenance. Replacements parts and customer support for the oven are available from Bakers Pride company and its network of dealers.
So the Baker’s Pride Electric PX-14 model Countertop Pizza Oven is a well designed versatile quality oven suitable for smaller restaurants and takeaways.
If you liked the post then do share it on social media!