Mont Alpi Portable Pizza Oven is a great pizza oven with some fantastic reviews on Amazon.
This portable outdoor pizza oven has some great reviews on Amazon, and if you are wondering if the oven is worth it, then continue to read the full detailed review.
The Mont Alpi PIzza Oven seems like a lightweight, gas-fueled pizza oven, and that made me wonder if it was really good for the prize or not.
I soon realized that the pizza oven is a great deal for pizza lovers who want an oven that would give them the ability to cook the perfect Neapolitan style pizza.
So without wasting any more time, let’s dive into the various features, advantages, and disadvantages of the pizza oven-
Design of the Pizza Oven
Mont Alpi comes in all stainless steel design, and it is a portable countertop pizza oven.
Not that the pizza oven is not going to be heavy, but you can easily move it around when needed making it a portable oven.
The Pizza oven is gas-fueled, and it could easily reach high temperatures within 5 minutes.
Within 5-7 minutes, the pizza oven could reach temperatures that would help you cook pizzas within a few minutes.
If you plan on going camping, you can take this pizza oven along with you. The fact that it is gas-fueled makes it so easy to use as you can fire up the pizza oven whenever needed.
The pizza oven comes with a temperature gauge which helps to monitor the overall temperature inside the oven. However, I would have appreciated it if the handle of the oven had better insultation.
If you want to know the exact temperature of the pizza oven’s surface, you should invest in getting an IR thermometer. This way, you can check the pizza stone’s temperature and get the base of your pizza perfectly cooked.
Pros of the Pizza Oven
1. The pizza oven is light compared to other pizza ovens, making it a portable outdoor pizza oven. Since the oven is small in size, it can fit perfectly anywhere, and you can easily use it and move it around if you like.
2. The oven weighs around 12 kgs which is pretty light in weight compared to most of the outdoor pizza ovens.
The oven is gas-fueled; hence you might need to buy a propane gas tank separately to start cooking in this oven.
The oven comes with a pizza stone to get the perfect crisp base with gooey cheese on top.
3. The pizza oven can easily heat up, and it can reach 450-500 degrees Celsius. However, there have been problems with the oven when it comes to retaining the temperature.
Within 5 minutes, the oven can reach high temperatures making it one of the But you can safely assume that the oven reaches 450-degree Celsius, which is good enough to cook a Neapolitan style pizza.
4. A major advantage of this pizza oven is that it is portable. If you want a pizza oven to carry on trips or an oven that is especially for camping, hiking then this might be a perfect choice.
It is light in weight in comparison to most of its competitors in the market.
5. The entire pizza oven is easy to set up, and it is not going to take you much time to start cooking in this pizza oven. You can easily follow the instructions in the manual and understand the working of this pizza oven.
6. You can throw anything in this oven. It will cook it all.
You can make bread, cookies, and other snacks inside this oven, and it works more than just a simple pizza oven. If you are looking for something beyond a simple pizza oven, then the Mont Alpi Portable Pizza is the perfect choice.
Cons of the Pizza Oven
1. The pizza oven heats up to high temperatures, but the temperature retention is not that great inside the oven.
There can be some slight temperature fluctuations, and you need to maintain that by adjusting the flame with the knob on the oven.
It has been one of the major drawbacks of the pizza oven. Users have complained that the company should have given them better insulation in the oven to make pizzas one after the other without any temperature issues.
2. The oven can cook one pizza at a time, so if you are looking for a larger pizza oven that can cook multiple pizzas at once, then you might want to take a look at the Ooni Koda 16.
You just cannot go wrong with any of the Ooni Pizza Ovens, they are the best pizza ovens out there, and you are wont be disappointed with your choices.
3. The oven takes some time to reach the optimal temperature needed to get Neapolitan-style pizzas.
If you are looking for a much better oven that would get heated up quickly and help you make pizzas faster, you can go for the Ooni pizza ovens.
The Mont Alpi Pizza Oven is a nice portable countertop oven that can sit anywhere outdoors. The portability of the pizza oven makes it a perfect choice for camping and other outdoor activities.
It is a gas-fueled pizza oven which means that you can easily fire up the oven as it does not take long periods to heat up like a few wood-fired pizza ovens.
Since we are talking about gas-fueled pizza ovens, Ooni Koda 16 and Ooni Koda are far better options considering they fall in the same price range and are much more efficient than this pizza oven.
So check them both out before making a final choice. If you want to see more from this company, Mont Alpi 3 in 1 Grill Pizza Oven is also a great option.
The Pizza Oven can reach high temperatures within 5 minutes, amazing and better timing than most of the pizza ovens.
I liked the oven for the given price; you are getting some amazing features.
The pizzas cooked inside the oven are perfectly charred, and you get the nice crisp charring toppings along with the melted gooey cheese.
The crust is nice and crisp, making everything about the pizzas cooked inside the oven so perfect.
If you want to look out for some alternatives within the same price range for this pizza oven, then the Ooni 3 wood pellet-fired pizza oven is great.
You also have some other gas-fueled pizza ovens in a similar price range by Camp Chef that is amazing as well, so do check them out before making your final purchase decision.
So would you get this pizza oven for yourself? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
If you have the Mont Alpi Pizza oven, then do share your experience with us.
Liked the post? Then, share it!