Mont Alpi Portable Pizza Oven is a great pizza oven with some amazing reviews on Amazon.
This portable outdoor pizza oven as some great reviews on Amazon and if you are wondering if the oven is really worth it then do continue to read the full detailed review.
The Mont Alpi PIzza Oven seems like a light-weight, gas-fueled pizza oven and that made me wonder if it was really good for the prize or not.
I soon realized that the pizza oven is a great deal for pizza lovers who want an oven that would give them the ability to cook the perfect Neapolitan style pizza.
So without wasting any more time let’s dive into the various features, advantages, and disadvantages of the pizza oven-
Design of the Pizza Oven
Mont Alpi comes in all stainless steel design and it is a portable countertop pizza oven. Not that the pizza oven is not going to be heavy but you can easily move it around when needed making it a portable oven.
The Pizza oven is gas-fueled and it could easily reach really high temperatures within 5 minutes. It is said that within 5-7 minutes the pizza oven could reach temperatures that would help you cook pizzas within a few minutes.
So, if you plan on going camping then you can take this pizza oven along with you. The fact that it is gas-fueled makes it so easy to use as you can fire up the pizza oven whenever needed.
The pizza oven comes with a temperature gauge which helps to monitor the overall temperature inside the oven although I would have appreciated if the handle of the oven was insulated better.
If you want to know the exact temperature of the surface of the pizza oven then you should invest in getting an IR thermometer. This way you can check the temperature of the pizza stone and get the base of your pizza perfectly cooked.
Pros of the Pizza Oven
1. The pizza oven is light compared to other pizza ovens, making it a portable outdoor pizza oven. Since the oven is small in size, it can fit perfectly anywhere and you can easily use it and move it around if you like.
2. The oven weighs around 12 kgs which is pretty light in weight in comparison to most of the outdoor pizza ovens.
The oven is a gas-fueled hence you might need to buy a propane gas tank separately in order to get started with cooking in this oven. The oven comes with a pizza stone so that you get the perfect crisp base with the gooey cheese on top.
3. The pizza oven can be easily heated up and it can reach 450-500 degrees Celsius, however, there have been problems with the oven when it comes to retaining the temperature.
Within 5 minutes the oven can reach high temperatures making it one of the But you can safely assume that the oven reaches 450-degree Celsius which is good enough to cook a Neapolitan style pizza.
4. A major advantage of this pizza oven is that it is really portable. If you want a pizza oven that you can carry on trips or an oven that is especially for camping, hiking then this might be a perfect choice.
It is really light in weight in comparison to most of its competitors in the market.
5. The entire pizza oven is really easy to set up and it is not going to take you much time to get started with this pizza oven. You can easily follow the instructions in the manual and understand the working of this pizza oven.
6. You can throw anything in this oven it will cook it all.
You can make bread, cookies and other snacks inside this oven and it works more than just a simple pizza oven. If you are looking for something beyond a simple pizza oven then the Mont Alpi Portable Pizza is going to an oven you should consider.
Cons of the Pizza Oven
1. The pizza oven does get heated up to really high temperatures but the temperature is not maintained well inside the oven. There can be some slight temperature fluctuations and you need to maintain that by adjusting the flame with the knob on the oven.
This has been one of the major drawbacks of the pizza oven and users have complained that the company should have given them better insulation in the oven in order to make pizzas one after the other without any temperature issues.
2. The oven can cook one pizza at a time so if you are looking for a larger pizza oven that can cook multiple pizzas at once then you might want to take a look at the Pacific Living Pizza Oven. This oven is relatively larger than this one and it is a little expensive as well.
3. The oven takes some time to reach the optimal temperature which is needed to get Neapolitan style pizzas. If you are looking for a much better oven that would get heated up quickly and would help you make pizzas faster then you can go for the Uuni 3 pizza oven.
The Mont Alpi Pizza Oven is a nice portable countertop oven that can sit anywhere outdoors. The portability of the pizza oven makes it a perfect choice for camping and other outdoor activities.
It is a gas-fueled pizza oven which means that you can easily fire up the oven as it does not take long periods of time to heat up like a few wood-fired pizza ovens.
The Pizza Oven can reach really high temperatures within 5 minutes which is amazing and a better timing than most of the pizza ovens. Personally I liked the oven as for the given price, you are getting some amazing features.
The pizzas cooked inside the oven are perfectly charred and you get the nice crisp charring toppings along with the melted gooey cheese. The crust is nice and crisp making everything about the pizzas cooked inside the oven so perfect.
If you want to look out for some alternatives within the same price range for this pizza oven then the Ooni 3 wood pellet-fired pizza oven is great as well.
You also have some other gas-fueled pizza ovens in a similar price range by Camp Chef that is amazing as well, so do check them out before making your final purchase decision.
So would you get this pizza oven for yourself? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
If you have the Mont Alpi Pizza oven then do share your experience with us.
Liked the post? Then, share it!