With thousands of stores worldwide, Domino’s is one of the largest pizza chains in the world. They have different pizza crusts and toppings, but does Domino’s have stuffed crust?
Pizza Hut is the first pizza chain that comes to mind when someone mentions stuffed crust pizza. They have trademarked the term stuffed crust and sell great pizzas.
But does Domino’s have the stuffed crust pizza? The answer is yes, but it might be harder to find than you think.
After trying out several Domino’s stores around the country, it was almost impossible to get stuffed crust even when I looked it up on their official website.
Other international Domino’s stores have included stuffed crust pizzas on the menu. In the US, however, there are no options for stuffed crust pizza.
So I will dive into more details with this post and show you where you can get the best-stuffed crust pizza by the end, so read on.
History Of Dominos Pizza
The first Dominos stuffed crust pizza was released in 2011 in the UK and New Zealand. Disappointingly, they did not offer this pizza crust in the US.
Pizza Hut was the first pizza restaurant that started stuffing its crust with different ingredients, such as cheese and sausages.
Dominos US could not copy this pizza because of the varying composition in the dough they are using, which made it hard to stuff ingredients in it.
The other reason why Dominos US does not provide stuffed crust pizza to their customers is that they prefer serving fresh pizzas.
Stuffed crust pizza requires pre-made dough, and it needs to be frozen for later use.
Dominos opted to use fresh dough instead to serve the freshest pizza for American customers and make sure that their pizzas arrive on time.
To keep the US customers happy, Domino’s introduced the stuffed cheesy bread in the same year.
This allowed Dominos US to give the customers satisfactory stuffed bread while also providing them with freshly made pizzas which, in my opinion, is a healthier option.
Different Types Of Pizza Crust In Domino’s
I know it can be disappointing that there is no stuffed crust pizza here in the US, but there are still a lot of pizza crusts that you can choose from Domino’s.
When ordering online or through the in-store menu, you can choose which type of crust you want on your pizza. Here are your options:
- Hand Tossed – a thin crust stretched by hand and by tossing the fresh dough in the air, resulting in crispier outside and airy interior.
- Handmade Pan – Dominos hand-presses the dough into a pan, creating a crust slightly thicker than the hand-tossed but still crispy.
- Crunchy Thin Crust – this is the thinnest crust option from Dominos. It is crispy and sturdy enough to hold the ingredients as you pick up a slice and eat it.
- Brooklyn Style – staying true to the New York-style pizza, the Brooklyn-style crust is still crispy but is flexible enough to be folded to eat on the go.
- Gluten-Free – the gluten-free crust from Dominos is made without wheat flour and is good for gluten-free diets, but it is not recommended for celiacs.
There are different pizza sizes from Domino’s, and you can choose from different pizza toppings or build your pizza.
Depending on the size, there are only a few available crust options for that size. Here is a guide on what crust you can get on specific pizza sizes from Domino’s.
|Types Of Crust||10 inches||12 inches||14 inches||16 inches|
|Crunchy Thin Crust||NA||YES||YES||NA|
**NA- Not available
How To Create Your Own Dominos Pizza
Aside from choosing from the curated “specialty” pizzas where Domino’s has different toppings on the pizza, you can also make your own.
Start by building your pizza from the crust type you want, the sauce, cheese, toppings, and even a pizza dip if you want one. Here is how to do it:
- Get on Dominos website and click on the “Build Your Own” section.
- The first part of building your own Dominos pizza is to select the size of the pizza you want. Choose from 10 inches, 12 inches, 14 inches, and 16 inches.
- A small pepperoni pizza will cost $11.99 without the extras, $14.99 for a medium, $18.49 for a large, and $19.49 for the X-Large pizza.
- Once you click on the pizza size you want, it will show right underneath the available crusts on that specific pizza size – it can be any of the 5 crusts.
– Brooklyn Style, Hand Tossed, Handmade pan, Crunchy thin crust, or Gluten-free.
- In this part, you select how much cheese and where you want the cheese to be on the pizza.
- Select whether you want the pizza to have one type of cheese or two kinds of cheese on one pizza.
- You can select the cheese content from none, light, normal, or extra cheese. Extra cheese costs $2.50, while light cheese is the same as normal.
- Choose the type of sauce that you want on your pizza – Robust Inspired Tomato Sauce, Hearty marinara sauce, honey BBQ, Garlic Parmesan, Alfredo sauce, or Ranch.
- Select whether the pizza sauce is light, normal, or extra. $4 will be charged only if you choose the Extra Ranch sauce the other sauces do not have an extra charge even if you choose the extra sauce.
- The Alfredo sauce is the only sauce with gluten, so you might want to avoid it if you are on a gluten-free diet.
The Toppings (see chart below for toppings list)
- Now you can choose which toppings you want on your pizza. Dominos made it easy as they separated the Meat and Non-meat pizza toppings.
- You can select multiple toppings, but extra additional toppings will add up to your total order cost.
I went with the medium hand-tossed pepperoni pizza, which cost me $14.99.
You can add any vegetarian toppings will cost $2 per topping.
Except for the Salami, Premium Chicken, and Philly Steak meat toppings that cost $3, adding another meat topping costs $2 whether you add them on half the pizza or on the whole pizza.
The Dipping Sauce
This one is optional; you can leave it blank if you do not want dipping sauce to go with your pizza.
- You can choose Garlic Dipping Sauce, Ranch, or Marinara Dipping Sauce.
From there, you can then click “Add To Order” and proceed to checkout. There are endless combinations of pizza that you can make with Dominos.
If you want to add a dipping sauce to your pizza, you will have to add $0.99 for 1 dipping sauce so the “Build Your Own” pizza at Domino’s is a really good deal for making the perfect pizza for you.
Popular Dominos Pizza Toppings
When choosing your Domino’s pizza toppings, you can either select your favorite one or combine multiple toppings in one pizza.
Note that there will be additional fees on extra toppings from Dominos. Here are some of the popular Dominos toppings that you can try:
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza topping in the US, and Domino’s also has exceptional pepperoni pizzas.
- Mushrooms – Dominos give your pizza an earthy flavor using savory mushrooms on the pizzas.
- Sausage – meat lovers will surely get in with the sausage topping from Dominos. They are hearty and full of flavor.
- Bacon – another favorite from Domino’s is the bacon topping. It adds even more crispiness to the pizza crust, which I like.
- Onions – you can add a little sweetness to your Domino’s pizza by adding onions that caramelize as they cook in the oven.
- Black olives – black olives also add a little sweetness to Dominos pizzas while keeping the pizza juicy.
- Green peppers – I love the crunch that comes from green peppers on my Domino’s pizza, and it also is a little healthier if I buy a meaty pizza from Domino’s.
- Extra cheese – Dominos uses mozzarella cheese on their pizza, and adding a little extra cheese to the pizza only makes it better.
Here are the other toppings from Domino’s that you can also put on your pizza:
|Meat Toppings||Vegetarian Toppings||Cheese And Sauce|
|Ham||Pineapples||Hot Buffalo Sauce|
|Beef||Garlic||Shredded Provolone Cheese|
|Salami||Jalapeno Peppers||Cheddar Cheese|
|Italian Sausage||Banana Peppers||Shredded Parmesan Asiago|
|Premium Chicken||Diced Tomatoes|
|Roasted Red Peppers|
Ordering Dominos Pizza And Delivery Options
The best way to order Domino’s pizza is to go to their website and place your order there. You will also find different options on how your food is to be delivered.
You can also select the option to pick your order up in the store or through Domino’s Hotspot where they deliver on beaches, parks, and other places with no traditional addresses.
Ordering online is convenient as the website is really easy to navigate. You can choose from curated pizzas or “Build Your Own” pizza.
Select the pizza you like, customize it by choosing the size and type of crust, and even add dips with your order.
There is also an option to deliver your pizza “Now” or “Later” so you can schedule when the pizza will arrive at your address.
There are also other ways to order Domino’s pizza aside from going to their website:
- Via phone call
- Ordering upfront at the Domino’s store.
- Google Home
- Amazon Alexa
- Facebook Messenger
- Tweet using hashtags #pizza or #Domino’s
- Domino’s Pizza Emoji
- Domino’s App
Dominos Pizza Nutrition
Domino’s pizza might not be the healthiest food you can get, but there are healthy nutrients in their pizza that can be good for you.
For instance, in 1 slice of the handmade pan pizza with only cheese topping, you get 290 calories but also 0.5 grams of fiber and 10 grams of protein.
Add some pepperoni and Italian sausage toppings; you get 370 calories in one slice of Domino’s pizza.
Dominos takes note of how people try to keep track of their calorie intake and other nutrients, so they provided a calculator for it.
The Dominos Cal-O-meter is easy to use. You need to fill out the details needed, and it calculates the nutrients for you.
So you can specify which crust you are getting, and the calculator will show you the nutritional value of that specific pizza.
You can also check out this nutrition guide from Domino’s for more information about the content of the pizza that you want to order.
Best Pizza Chain For Stuffed Crust Pizza
Many pizzerias in the country serve stuffed crust, but when it comes to pizza chains, Papa John’s and Pizza Hut have the best-stuffed crust pizza.
My favorite about Papa John’s Epic Stuffed Crust pizza is the crust. It is crispy and airy at the same time.
The mozzarella cheese used on the crust tastes better than the cheese used on the stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut.
The pizza also has less grease, making me feel less fat. The cheese in the crust was also flavorful, and you could taste it.
Combine that with my favorite toppings of pepperoni and more cheese, and I have the perfect stuffed crust pizza I can eat for a day.
The signature stuffed crust pizza is better associated with Pizza Hut than any pizza chain, and for all the good reasons.
The cheese stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut is good, but I still think Papa John’s Epic Stuffed Crust pizza is better with its deeper mozzarella flavor.
What I liked most about Pizza Hut is they have other ingredients other than cheese when it comes to stuffing the crust.
Other Pizza Hut stores worldwide get creative, use hot dogs and sausages, and stuff them on the crust.
However, my overall pick if you want to get that yummy taste on a stuffed crust pizza is Papa John’s, and I recommend you try it!
Countries that have Domino’s Stuffed Crust
Two countries have Domino’s Stuffed Crust Pizza – the UK and New Zealand. They both have gooey and delicious cheese stuffing in the pizza.
Recently, New Zealand launched the hot dog-stuffed crust pizza, which is amazing. They do not even cut the hot dogs in half.
So you get a whole hot dog along the edges of the pizza’s crust.
UK Domino’s has stuffed crust pizza available on medium and large pizzas. They use the same fresh dough for the classic crust and stretch it out to have that extra fold on the edges.
Stuffed with gooey cheese, the UK Domino’s stuffed crust is the perfect cheese-lover treat.
If you like the post, do not forget to share it on social media!