Chicago Brick Oven is probably one of the best wood-fired pizza ovens that you can think about purchasing.
If you have the budget and are looking for an authentic pizza oven then the Chicago Brick Ovens are the perfect choice for you.
The best part about the CBO 750 oven is that it is a countertop model, hence you can place it on a counter and get started with using it without the need for a long setup process.
Different Models in the Chicago Brick Ovens
There are three different models with different capacities, the one we would be discussing here would be Chicago Brick Oven 750 which has 41-inch by 28-inch cooking surface.
The other two similar models are the Chicago 500, 1000 series and the cooking surfaces of these ovens are 29-inch by 23-inch and 52inch by 31inch respectively.
You can choose the model you like depending on your usage needs.
If you are more inclined towards commercial use and have space and everything needed for placing the oven then you can probably go for the CBO 1000 series.
However, if you are someone who is just a pizza enthusiast then the CBO-5oo will just do fine.
You can simply go by the size of the cooking surface and decide which one would be the best for your situation. In all of the models, you can cook more than one pizza at a time and cook other items apart from pizza.
This is an amazing pizza oven giving you the authentic wood-fired oven flavor in your pizzas.
Working of the Chicago Brick Oven
The Chicago Brick Oven has a traditional brick oven design and it is made up of really strong materials that can hold heat inside the oven really well.
The oven has a dome-shaped structure and the insides are coated with refractory cement which gives it an excellent heat retention property.
The shape of the oven is responsible for keeping all the heat inside the oven and it can reach to a maximum of 1000°F which is perfect to get the crisp pizza base along with gooey cheese toppings.
The oven gives the pizza the wood-fired flavor which is an important taste factor for authentic pizza lovers.
The wood and food are cooking in the same chamber which helps in imparting the wood-fired flavor to anything you cook inside the oven.
You are not limited to cooking only pizzas in the oven but you can also cook chicken, steaks, cheese poppers and various different delicious dishes inside the oven alongside the pizza.
The oven is spacious so cooking more than one dish at the same time is not going to be a problem.
Advantages of the Chicago Brick Oven- CBO 750
1. The pizza oven is spacious so you can easily cook more than one pizza at a time. Not just that, you can easily cook other dishes side by side while you are cooking your pizza.
2. The pizza oven reaches really high temperatures easily, enabling you to cook pizzas really fast. This oven can be used commercially as well as for family get-togethers.
3. The oven comes with a countertop pizza oven so there is nothing you need to assemble. All you have to do it keep it on the countertop and get started.
4. The oven comes with the dome, 2-piece hearth, arch, decorative door, anchor plate, insulation board, steel plate, mortar and insulating blanket.
5. The heat retention on this oven is amazing so you do not need to worry about the oven losing heat as it is one of the best brick ovens out there.
6. It comes with a gate, so you can close it and allow even cooking of your pizza or any other dishes without being interrupted.
7. You can get this oven on a stand as well in the case you want to keep it in your backyard and make it a bit more portable. Since it is on your countertop, it is actually portable but not light. You can move it in case you are changing homes.
8. You should start the fire at least an hour before you plan on cooking the pizzas. It will take around 45 minutes to an hour to reach teh temperature of 700°F.
Cons of the Pizza Oven
1. It is heavy and you might want to be a little careful before you think about moving it around as it might need more than one person to accomplish that.
2. It involves curing which has to be done so that your oven can cook pizzas effectively.
What is Curing?
Curing might be needed for this pizza oven where you might want to burn a bag of charcoal and let it sit for an entire day inside the oven.
This process is important as it lets your oven hold heat better and it is pretty easy with this oven.
TO know more about curing the oven you might want to read the detailed information here. Curing the Chicago Brick Oven is really easy in comparison to other brick ovens.
Other ovens might take three days to a week in order to be cured properly but this one here takes one whole day.
The Chicago Brick Oven is amazing and there is nothing to complain about the brick oven apart from the fact that it is a bit heavy.
Although you have to notice, that if you want a wood-fired pizza oven then the CBO series is probably the best from which you can choose.
The Chicago Brick Oven is the best pizza oven investment and even though it is a little expensive, you can invest in it if you are way too much into making pizzas, hosting pizza parties or even interested in using it commercially.
The oven is perfect for your backyard or patio.
This is definitely worth it if you want the perfect artisan pizza at home.
You can easily order this oven off Amazon and in the case you are interested, go ahead and check out this product!
Have you ever used the Chicago Brick Oven and are now planning to get your own?
Let us know what you think about the CBO-750 oven!
Did you like the post? Share it on social media!