This post would list the best wood-fired pizza ovens in the U.K. and rate them according to their price, functionality, and ease of use. Who doesn’t like to make a wood-fired pizza at home?
They are delicious with that wood char flavor, making it a perfect way to entertain a gathering of family and friends.
I like making Pizzas and love eating them; this is how it goes for most Pizza enthusiasts.
But, it is not that easy to find the perfect wood-fired pizza oven that is both economical and at the same time comes with unique features.
This post is concerned with people living in the U.K. as there are slightly different pizza oven options in the U.K. than in the rest of the world.
If you are from the U.K., then read on as this list would help you find your perfect pizza oven.
This list would recommend wood-fired pizza ovens that work great and are relatively less expensive than traditional wood-fired pizza ovens.
Now, they might be smaller than size, but we promise you that they would work as efficiently, and you can get them online without running all around the town to get the perfect Oven for your home.
1. Ooni Fyra 12 Pizza Oven
The Uuni or now the Ooni Pizza ovens are probably the best out there. They are light in weight, fuel-efficient, and the least price of all the pizza ovens on the list.
The Uuni Fyra Pizza Oven can cook a pizza within 1 minute, making it super fast and efficient, especially if you try to host a party with a couple of people. It is a wood pellet pizza oven, so the fuel can be wood pellets here which are efficient.
The Fyra is the latest version of a wood pellet pizza oven.
The pizza oven is light and portable, so you carry it around with you on trips as well.
Overall, the Uuni Fyra Pizza Oven is perfect for making pizzas inside an excellent and affordable pizza oven.
This one tops the list of the best wood-fired pizza ovens in the UK and many would who use Ooni Pizza Ovens would agree to this.
– It can cook pizza in less than an AMAZING minute.
– The Pizza oven has good heat retention. You have to use wood pellets instead of wood, which increases its energy efficiency and even makes it eco-friendly as there is less smoke emitted.
– You can host a pizza party with this fantastic pizza oven.
– The Uuni Fyra Pizza oven is light, and you can carry it around easily anywhere.
If you wish to take it on a trip, you can easily do that since it is an extremely portable pizza oven.
– The pizza oven has a shiny metallic finish, and that remains only until the first use once you have started cooking in it, the color changes because of the heat and smoke.
2. Ooni Karu 12 Pizza Oven
Ooni Karu is truly one of the best companies that make amazing pizza ovens.
The models are portable and powerful, so you can cook great pizzas anywhere you want to cook.
The Ooni Karu 12 is a perfect example of how well made are these Ooni pizza ovens.
It is made mostly of stainless steel but is lined with ceramic fiber insulation to ensure great heat retention.
Although parts such as the legs and the chimney protrude, you can still make the Karu 12 smaller or more portable by folding the legs and detaching the chimney on top.
The chimney can fit inside the pizza oven, so once you do that and fold the legs, you will be able to fit the Karu 12 in a bag. That is very convenient when you are constantly on the move.
Despite the small size, this pizza oven can reach temperatures of up to 950 degrees Fahrenheit which means that it can cook your pizzas in just 60 seconds, making them crispy and evenly cooked.
Another thing that you would like about it is the multi-fuel option.
The Karu 12 comes in initially with the wood and charcoal burner, allowing the oven to reach high temperatures.
You can also buy a separate burner if you want to use gas as your fuel.
At only 12 kilograms, you can bring the Karu 12 anywhere you want, along with the fuel that you need to use.
– It has light materials that will allow you to bring it anywhere you want to cook.
-Despite being built with light materials, it has efficient insulation to keep the heat inside.
-You can use different fuels, so you do not run out of fire when cooking many pizzas.
-It does not have a thermometer, so you will need a separate one to know whether it has reached the set temperature or not.
-It is quite small, so you can only cook one 12-inch pizza at a time.
-The stainless steel can damage by leaving it outside unused, so clean and store it once done cooking.
3. Ooni Karu 16 Pizza Oven
An upgrade version of the Karu 12, the Ooni Karu 16 is the same powerful but larger pizza oven.
It is insanely convenient and can cook larger pizzas for larger gatherings that you have.
You can cook 16-inch pizzas without even moving too much.
The large cooking space allows you to make more space for turning or managing the pizza inside the oven.
There are also unique features such as the ViewFlame technology that helps you manage the pizza.
You can see the entire interior of the pizza oven without even opening the door.
You will also not need to make space for the door when you open it as it has a hinge to the oven’s opening.
That means that it hangs onto the oven when you open the door.
There is also a new digital thermometer installed in the Karu 16.
It is strategically placed under the oven’s opening so even when the door is down, you can still see the temperature.
Despite having a large interior, the Karu 16 can reach a maximum temperature of 950 degrees Fahrenheit.
It can reach that temperature within 15 minutes of preheating from the powerful firebox.
- It has a new digital thermometer that allows you to see the temperature inside the oven.
- It can cook larger pizzas compared to the original model Ooni Karu 12.
- It heats up quickly despite the large interior, and it can cook pizzas within 60 seconds.
- It can be bulky, so I do not recommend bringing it to picnics if you do not have enough room in the car.
- Since the Karu 16 is very powerful, you cannot leave the pizza inside without attending to it as it will most likely burn.
4. Bertello Pizza Oven
The Bertello pizza oven is one of the most famous pizza ovens in the world.
It has been featured in shows like Shark Tank and in journals like The New York Times.
That is because you can rely on the Bertello pizza oven when it comes to making great pizzas.
It is a small but powerful oven that can cook pizzas within 60 seconds or 90 seconds max.
The maximum temperature can get up to 930 degrees Fahrenheit, which means you can make crispy crusts within seconds. The pizza is always evenly cooked with insulation as well.
You do not have to worry about losing heat as the Bertello pizza oven has thick insulation that helps keep the heat inside despite having no door included or cooking in colder weather.
It is also portable, so you can still bring it on camping trips or tailgating. The powerful burner is also great for cooking other recipes such as fish, burgers, steaks, and many more.
The Bertello pizza oven is also multi-fueled, which means that it can cook with different types of fuels, including pellets, charcoal, and wood, so you will never run out of fuel options.
- It is multi-fueled, so even when you are outside and run out of fuel, you have other options to refill the oven.
- It does not have protruding features aside from the legs that fold, so it does not need too much space for storing or transporting it.
- It can get up to high temperatures and cook pizzas within 60 seconds while also being versatile enough to cook other recipes.
- It needs to cleaning since its color is black. Although you cannot see it, the Bertello pizza oven collects a lot of soot that can mess up or fall to the pizza.
- The pizza stone inside it can collect aromas and flavors from other recipes, so it can add an unpleasant taste to your pizza if it is left uncleaned.
5. Ooni Pro 16 Pizza Oven
This Oven might be on an expensive little side, but it is more like an upgrade to the Uuni 3 Pizza Oven.
A few significant differences between the two pizza ovens is that the Uuni Pro is a little larger.
Being more extensive, you can easily fit in an iron skillet and cook other dishes or vegetables without any issues.
This was not the case with the Uuni 3. In the Uuni 3, there is just enough space to insert a pizza.
It would help if you also considered that this Oven is multi-fueled, so you can use it as a wood-fired pizza oven or a gas-fired pizza oven as you like.
The pizza oven has a fantastic door design that lets you slide in your pizza and pull it out once done cooking.
It has two doors to take a peek inside the pizza oven while the pizza gets cooked without removing it out.
After clearing out all the differences between the Uuni Pro and the Uuni 3 pizza oven, let’s take a closer look at all its features-
– You can use wood, charcoal, pellets, gas as your fuel which is pretty amazing.
– The Pizza oven has good heat retention, and you can easily cook a whole batch of pizzas inside this Oven without any issues.
– This pizza oven is super fast. You can cook a pizza in less than a minute, which means you can just cook a whole batch at once. Uuni Pizza ovens might look small, but they are amazing when cooking a pizza quickly.
– The pizza oven gives your pizzas a nice authentic taste and cooks the base perfectly.
The toppings and cheese are soft and creamy, while the base is crisp, which is all a pizza lover needs. It heats up quickly.
The box includes- Uuni Pro Oven, Stone Baking Board (4 parts), Door With Thermometer, Pizza Door, Wood & Charcoal Burner, Safety Gloves, Uuni Pro Manual, Allen Key for assembly and adjustments.
– You cannot cook more than one pizzas at a time, but the fact that you can cook pizza faster makes up for this con.
6. Roccbox Pizza Oven
Roccbox Pizza Oven is very similar to the Ooni Pro pizza oven. The only difference between the two has to be that the Ooni Pro has lesser cooking space to offer than Roccbox.
The Roccbox, however, does come with everything that you need to get started with cooking pizzas.
It comes with the wood burner attachment and the gas burner attachment, and a pizza peel covers almost everything you need to get started.
The Ooni Pro requires you to buy the gas attachment separately, and it comes with a wood burner when it comes in the box.
This way, the Roccbox can prove to be a better deal to many.
The less cooking space means that you are not going to experiment with a lot of new different dishes, which can be a bummer.
But you can still go ahead and cook a few things inside the Oven without any issues, so it’s not that space is limited.
The cooking space is just less in comparison to the Ooni Pro. The Roccbox also comes with a carry strap that helps you carry around the pizza oven.
The Roccbox is not very light like a feather, but it is definitely portable, and you can carry it around on your trips.
1. It is a multi-fueled pizza oven, so you can use it as a wood-fired pizza oven or a gas-fueled pizza oven, depending on your mood. 2. It is very easy to use and does not require any assembling. All you need to do is fit in your choice’s burner attachment and get started with the cooking.
3. The Pizza oven can cook fast. Hence, you can cook a pizza within a minute or two depending on the pizza oven’s temperature.
4. The temperature takes 15-20 minutes to preheat, which is pretty quick compared to other pizza ovens out there.The time that it takes to preheat also depends on the burner attachment you are using.
A gas burner would help you get the pizza at the desired temperature faster.
5. It comes with a temperature dial so you can get an estimate of the temperature inside the Oven.
6. The Oven comes with a carry strap, making it easy to move around with the Oven.
7. You get all the accessories you need with this pizza oven which is barely the case with other ovens. Most of the ovens require you to buy the accessories separately.
8. It has a great price/feature balance.
1. It has a relatively smaller space than the Ooni Pro.
7. Mediterrani Royal – Outdoor Wood Fired Pizza Oven
Mediterrani Royal – Outdoor Wood Fired Pizza Oven is a typical outdoor wood-fired pizza oven, and if you are looking for a nice large countertop pizza oven, this Oven could be the one.
The pizza oven has a nice authentic build like most wood-fired pizza ovens out there, where you get a large cooking space.
You can cook multiple dishes at the same time inside the pizza oven because it is spacious.
There is space in the back of the Oven where you can burn logs of wood.
This way you can keep the Oven hot for a few hours, which would help you cook anything you like in the Oven.
The Oven takes some time to preheat, which can be anywhere between 30-45 minutes.
The whole process of starting the fire and waiting for the Oven to get all heated up is time-consuming since it is a large pizza oven.
On the plus side, you get the most authentic pizzas cooked inside the Oven, and since there is a temperature dial on the door, you would also know the temperature of the Oven inside for better cooking.
It is not a portable pizza oven, but it would sit beautifully in your backyard on a countertop.
You can keep it on a stand as well, so it is completely up to you how you want to go about it.
The pizza oven might be a little on the expensive side, but if you are looking for a permanent pizza oven to cook anything you throw at it, this one is perfect for it.
This pizza oven is good for commercial use as well. You can easily host parties when you have a pizza oven as good as this one with you.
– You get a really large cooking space where you can cook more than one dish at a time.
– The pizza oven is a traditional wood-fired pizza oven, so anyone who wants to get this kind of pizza oven for their backyard you can do so.
– You can use it for commercial purposes.
– The Oven can last you a long time; hence it is a durable pizza oven.
– This pizza oven can cook any dish that you throw at it, and you can cook something in it for hours, as long as the wood is burning inside.
– The heat retention on such ovens is amazing, making cooking a really quick and easy process.
– It is not a portable pizza oven. You might need a lorry or truck to move it around.
8. Lisboa Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
Lisboa Wood Fired Pizza Oven is again a traditional pizza oven that weighs around 480 kg.
Yes, you heard it right! It is one of the heavy pizza ovens that would help you cook authentic Neopolitan-style pizzas inside it.
The Oven is well built and resistant o any cracks.
The Oven has good insulation as well, which ensures excellent heat retention.
Something that I like about these ovens is that they have excellent heat retention.
Sometimes even if the fire inside the Oven goes out, you can still cook or reheat a few dishes inside them.
The Oven can reach high temperatures within 30 minutes, which is a little more than other ovens because this Oven is a larger oven with a larger cooking space.
You can burn wood logs inside the Oven, and it can stay at optimal cooking temperature for hours.
Since you have a larger cooking space, you can cook more than one pizza at a time.
You can even go with cooking more than one dish inside this pizza oven.
The installation might be the only cumbersome part of owning the pizza oven.
Otherwise, it’s all good. However, if you want to own a small portable oven, it would be better to stick with ovens like the Roccbox or the Ooni Pro.
– You get a really large cooking space where you can cook more than one dish at a time. This is amazing about such traditional pizza ovens.
– The pizza oven is a traditional wood-fired pizza oven. Many people love how it cooks pizzas inside, and even the taste of the pizza seems different from the other portable pizza ovens out there.
– You can be use it for commercial purposes.
– The Oven can last you a long time; hence it is a durable pizza oven. It is scratch-resistant, so no matter how long you heat it, the Oven will stay put.
– This pizza oven can cook any dish that you throw at it, and you can cook something in it for hours, as long as the wood is burning inside.
– The heat retention on such ovens is amazing, making cooking a really quick and easy process.
– It is not a portable pizza oven. You might need a lorry or truck to lift it and place it in the right spot in your backyard.Once installed, you cannot move it around easily, so consider this before getting this Oven.
9. Castmaster Cast Iron CHIMINEA Pizza Oven
This Pizza Oven from Castmaster is really good for the aesthetics, and it is all cast iron which gives it a nice and classy look.It is a standing pizza oven, and it looks amazing in the backyard.
This pizza oven is more like an outdoor fireplace and a pizza oven. You can cook pizzas with this Oven and at the same time use it in the cold weather to stay warm.
The Oven looks gorgeous, so it a perfect addition to your backyard.
The oven section of the Castmaster is large, and you can cook a lot of different items in the Oven.
Although I would recommend that you get an I.R. thermometer to check the temperature.
Cooking with this Oven will be an interesting experience as you can use the fuel-burning section as a fireplace and cook your dishes on the top section of the Oven.
The Oven is surely different, but it is a good option for someone who wants a fireplace and Oven in one.
1. It comes with a fireplace and a pizza oven.
2. It looks aesthetically pleasing, and it is a great add-on to your backyard.
3. It comes with a large cooking space so you can cook anything inside this pizza oven. You can experiment with various dishes and see how it turns out.
4. You can easily burn huge logs of wood as there is a huge burning space. The Oven might take some time to get all heated up, though.
5. You can watch your pizza while it cooks, and you know when you can turn around your pizza for even cooking.
1. It is not as good as all the authentic pizza ovens mentioned in the list. 2. It serves better as a fireplace than a pizza oven.
10. Nonno Lillo
Nonno Lillo is one of the favorite pizza ovens in the U.K., and some people would give you a very positive review about the Oven.
The Oven is a traditional wood-fired pizza oven with a full stainless steel finish that would get you authentic pizzas cooked inside the Oven.
11. La Hacienda Multifunction Wood Fired Oven
This is another budget pizza oven that you can use to cook up some great pizzas.
This pizza oven might require you to know a few tips if you want to cook a perfect pizza, but once you are acquainted with the Oven, it works like a charm.
You can even use this pizza oven to roast vegetables or meat, making it a versatile device.
The Pizza oven does need a good amount of fuel if you want to maintain its temperature.
You need to fill up more than half of the tray if you want to maintain the temperature inside the pizza oven.
However, many users have said that you can easily maintain the temperature once you have put enough fuel inside the pizza oven.
The La Hacienda comes with a 12-inch pizza stone, and while you are not cooking pizza, there are a ton of other dishes that you can try cooking inside the pizza oven.
– You can use wood to start a fire inside the Oven.
– The Pizza oven is easy to assemble, and all that you need to follow the manual, and you would be able to get started within a few minutes.
– This pizza oven is multifunctional, you can cook pizza inside the Oven, and when you want to just use it as a grill, you can do that as well. This opens up the possibility of using this pizza for a lot of different dishes.
– The pizza oven gives your pizzas a nice authentic taste and cooks the base perfectly. The toppings and cheese are soft and creamy, while the base is crisp, which is all a pizza lover needs.
– It is not as portable as the Uuni 3 or the Uuni Pro Pizza oven to be an issue. Otherwise, it is movable because the stand has wheels.
12. Maximus Pizza Oven
This Pizza Oven is more like a traditional countertop wood-fired pizza oven and the pizzas cooked inside the Oven are simply delicious.
The Pizza oven is pretty spacious, and you are going to start a fire in the corner so that you can coo your authentic artisan-style pizza inside the Oven.
Overall, this pizza oven is great outdoors, and as a wood-fired pizza oven, you will love everything about it.
It is pretty good when it comes to heat retention, and most of the users who got this Oven were happy and satisfied with how well it cooked pizzas.
You can cook more than one pizza at a time, and it can easily cook one pizza within 2 minutes, which is fast.
The Oven is perfect for commercial use as well but ideal for family get-togethers.
You can even take this Oven on camping and other outings and set it wherever you end up camping.
1. The Oven comes with a thermometer that will tell you the dome temperature inside the Oven.
You can accordingly cook your pizzas when you feel that the temperature inside the pizza oven is ideal.
2. The pizza oven’s outer surface is aluminum, and the inside is made up of stainless steel to keep the Oven strong even during high temperatures. 3.
The Oven heats up pretty quick, and within 20 minutes, it reaches the perfect temperature for you to start cooking your pizzas in the Oven.
4. The Oven uses wood as a fuel, and you might end up using 1-2 kgs of wood in total, and the exact quantity depends on the moisture content of the wood.
5. The Maximus claims to make around 30 pizzas in an hour which is pretty good considering you are buying it for parties or trips where you want to feed a group of people.
1. The pizza oven will be bulky, and you might have problems initially if you are trying to move around with it.
2. You might need to clean the residues properly before you use the Oven again. Using it without cleaning the insides might result in ashes on your pizza from the last time.
3. You have to be very quick when it comes to cooking the pizzas; one cannot leave the Oven without seeing how far the pizza is from being done.
These are all the wood-fired pizza ovens that we thought were pretty good in the U.K. If you think we missed any pizza oven, then tell us.
Guide For Choosing The Best Wood-fired Pizza Oven In U.K.
While all the pizza ovens mentioned above are great, you cannot get them if you are outside the U.K. You can, but you will need to pay more compared to when you are in the area.
There are websites such as Ooni’s that offer other sites or domains for people outside the U.K.
However, you will need to pay more since the pizza ovens made in the U.K.
So if you are in the U.K. and you want to get these pizza ovens, we have a guide on choosing the best pizza oven.
People outside the U.K. should prepare more budget if you plan on buying one.
First of all, you need to consider where the company ships the products.
Companies go worldwide, but you still need to concede the shipping fee for these products.
If you are in America and you see that the product is sold exclusively in the U.K., you will need to be ready with a larger budget to access the pizza oven you want to buy.
Now let’s get to the pizza oven themselves…
Portability And Durability
We have this list because we aim to give you options for your next pizza oven that can cook like a large brick oven but costs, weighs and consumes way fewer resources.
The pizza ovens mentioned above are relatively cheap compared to building your brick oven in your backyard.
That is why you need to look at the building materials.
Since these pizza ovens are portable, they are used outdoors during picnics, camping trips, tailgating, and more. That is why you need them to be durable.
Look for pizza ovens made from stainless steel so that they are light enough but make sure that the insulation is great, so you do not let heat leave the oven’s interior.
Check the legs and the detachable parts to ensure that they can withstand high temperatures for a long time and the structure itself to see if it cleans easily.
Preheating Time And Maximum Temperature
The most important thing about a pizza oven is reaching high temperatures to cook the pizzas properly.
You cannot get a pizza oven that only reaches 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
When you say pizza oven, that usually means that the oven can reach up to 900 degrees Fahrenheit at the least, this is the temperature that cooks pizzas within seconds.
The higher the temperature, the better, as you will be able to cook the pizza quicker.
You must get the right temperature for making the pizzas to create crispy crusts.
The time it takes for the pizza oven to reach this temperature is also important.
One of the main reasons you get these pizzas is to make sure you can cook pizzas almost instantly.
The preheating time of these pizza ovens depends on the firepower and the insulation.
As much as possible, do not get a portable pizza oven that heats up for more than 20 minutes.
The best pizza ovens can heat up to 950 degrees Fahrenheit within 15 minutes so look for those.
Larger pizza ovens will take longer to preheat; that is understandable, but it should not exceed 30 minutes.
Cleaning And Maintenance
You should never forget the maintenance that the pizza oven requires.
This is important as it will also determine the longevity of the pizza oven that you will be buying.
The easier the pizza oven is to clean, the longer it will last if you remember to always clean it and keep it in a safe place so that there are no damages inflicted to it when not in use.
The main enemy of most pizza ovens is rust and corrosion.
They are stainless steel, which means they need to stay dry and protected from moisture.
Maintaining a pizza oven means that you need to deep clean it every once in a while.
This is where you remove soot from the roof of the pizza oven or disassemble it to clean it.
The pizza stone is also an important part of the pizza oven. It needs to be cleaned ever after use to ensure that it does not absorb flavor from the last recipes.
These porous materials can easily collect dirt.
The best way to clean them is to ensure that the pizza oven reaches high temperatures to burn off the residues as you cannot get the pizza stone wet.
While the pizza ovens listed above are relatively cheap, that is only true when comparing them to brick ovens. Some are still too expensive for some of the users.
So when you have your budget set, make sure that you stay in range. The great thing about these pizza ovens is that you can get high-quality pizza ovens for just $300.
There are also good pizza ovens under $300 so before buying an expensive one, see if the pizza oven has all of the tips above and if you can find a cheaper one, then go for it.
Check out these pizza ovens and let us know what you think in the comments below?
If you liked the post and know a pizza enthusiast like us, do not forget to share it on social media!