Built-in Wall Ovens are a great addition to your kitchen. They are reliable and since they are placed in a permanent location, you do not have to bother yourself from moving them.
There are some downsides to a built-in oven compared to portable ones such as the hardship of cleaning one but they sure have the advantages.
There are many ways to select the best built-in oven but we are not certain of which is really the “best” one out there.
Whatever is more reliable to your home and the source of heat may it be electric, gas, or other forms of fuel that your house provides.
It really depends on you on how you choose what is best for you and for your home.
There are so many choices that you will find in the market right now. You can choose conventional and non-conventional ovens.
Or maybe go with a more expensive Smart Technology ovens that help ease your way through your cooking process.
There are factors that you should consider before buying the best oven for you but not to worry, we will provide a guide on how to choose at the end of this article so check that out.
With some backgrounds on built-in ovens, you need to know that most ovens require to be repaired at over 22% of the time within their first year.
That is quite a lot to take in compared to other ovens that are less likely to need repairs but after you get past that, built-in ovens are very great and you will get what you paid for – even more.
Why Built-In Ovens Good Investments?
Built-In Ovens are a great investment because they can help boost your home resale price by a very steep price especially if you have installed an upgrade.
They offer you a lot of range and flexibility since they can be installed at any wall in your kitchen and at any height you are comfortable with so you do not add strain on your back.
Most Built-In Ovens are powered by electricity which some find is better than that of a gas-powered.
That means that you do not have to worry about gas or propane services coming regularly to your house as electricity can be run anywhere in your house.
Not only does a Built-In Wall Oven give you range in motion but it also reserves a lot of space for other appliances.
Think of it as a part of the wall, that means that you do not have to think about storage and your countertop being crowded with a big appliance.
You have Single Built-in ovens and Double Built-in ovens, i
Here are the best Single Built-In Ovens in the market right now.
1. GASLAND Chef Single Wall Oven 24″
This oven can give you the best results with features that you cannot find in most ovens. You can cook almost anything in this oven and it will turn out great.
It features 3 layers of tempered glass on its door. That means that it effectively keeps the high temperature inside the oven for safety purposes.
The door has an aluminum alloy handle and it features something for ease of cleaning. The entire door is removable so it does not get in the way and in order for you to wash it easily.
It has 6 cooking modes that you can choose from and surely, it will help you in every step of cooking any food.
There is a defrost mode, convection, bottom heating, top heating, a cooling down fan, and rotisserie. You can select the modes with the help of a knob and a digital display.
You can choose from the six modes on what fits your recipe or manually set the temperature and timer to cook your own.
The rack in the oven can be easily removed with a pull and it gives you access to your food while it has 5 layers for you to place it on.
You can adjust the height of the rack so that you can fit large food or tray on the rack. The good thing about Gasland Chef is that they include a tray on the package for you to use.
1. The 3-layer tempered glass door isolates high temperatures so it is safe and strong even if the oven goes too hot.
2. It has 6 different modes to choose from so you can cook your recipe with just a turn on the knob.
3. A removable door for ease of cleaning.
1. It is a small oven compared to others with the same dimension with only 2.0 cubic feet of total interior.
2. COSTWAY 24″ Built-In Single Wall Oven
With its versatile cooking modes, the Costway 24-inch wall oven lets you cook different recipes including stew, braised meat, and more.
The knobs allow you to control temperature accurately and safely. It also has an automatic timer that shuts the oven off when cooking and ranges from 10 minutes to 120 minutes.
The oven also lets you know that the time you have set is done by setting off a sound notifying you that your cooking time is over.
This oven has preventive measures to help ensure safety. The fan used for cooling down works on the exterior of the oven while it is heating up inside.
The fan automatically turns on when the oven is being used under high temperatures to prevent overheating and it stays on even after the oven has been turned off until it cools down to touch.
It has a 2 layer glass that keeps the heat inside the oven and is framed by a stainless steel exterior which is very easy to use.
The knobs are also made out of easy-to-clean materials and you could use a cloth for cleaning.
The oven also includes a big fan on the back for convection to ensure that there are no cold spots inside the oven and makes even finishes on your food.
1. It has a cooling fan on the exterior to make sure that overheating does not happen and prevent fires.
2. The controls are very simple and are easy to understand.
3. It has an embedded design and a modern look that will fit right into your kitchen with any background around it.
1. Installing this oven alone might have some issues with it because their instruction manuals are not clear.
2. The oven is a little hard to clean because of the knobs and the handle getting in the way.
3. GE 24 inch Single Gas Oven
This amazing oven fits in the standard 24-inch spaces so if you want to replace your oven, then you would not have to worry about the space for this beast.
It originally uses natural gas but you can also use propane gas with a conversion kit. It is sold separately by GE and you need to buy it if propane gas is more convenient for you.
This oven has a small cooking space compared to other ovens but it is as powerful as the ones in the market.
It has two detachable racks that you can place at any height that you want inside the oven. There is also a bottom drawer that allows you to keep your broiler in and cook there.
This oven does not look as beautiful as the others but its beauty is certainly not highlighted as there are other features that make it more of a functional oven rather than a beautiful one.
The self-cleaning technology burns all spills and cleans excess food in the oven. That means that you do not have to scrub the interior yourself.
If that is not enough, the electronic touchpads are also covered with glass as protection which means that you can clean it with just a swipe of a towel.
These touchpads are limited to only a few functions in order to avoid confusion. You will see all the controls you need in just a few buttons.
The small glass on the door is built for a clear view so you can see the inside of the oven and look after your food if it is done or overcooked.
1. The removable racks and drawer allow versatility so you can fit whatever cookware you want in the oven.
2. The exact 24-inch fit is perfect for any kitchen as you can replace any oven with this one and make a perfect fit.
3. The simplified electronic touchpads allow you to control the oven with ease and avoid confusion with the few buttons.
The small cooking space needs to be improved so it can handle bigger cookwares and larger amounts of food.
The fam on the oven is quite noisy so you might find that irritating.
4. GE Profile 27-inch Single Electronic Smart Wall Oven
As you may have an idea already, this oven offers a lot of features that allow you to control it without even touching it.
This oven brings another level of functionality with elegance and ease of use. Including the functions and cleaning process.
It connects with your WI-Fi and with the help of Geneva, it lets you control all the operations that this oven can do with the help of Google Assistant and Alexa Amazon.
With your voice alone, you can control the oven with an app or use your smartphone and have hands-free control over it.
However, if you do not want to control it over the phone, then you have the option to physically control the oven with its amazing touchscreen display.
Its cooking power is as handy as its smart features. You can cook almost any recipe with its large cooking space and fit any cookware that you want to cook in.
If you want to replace an old appliance with this amazing oven, then it would not be a problem since it comes with various accessories that will ensure a perfect fit.
The cleaning process of this oven is also controlled in many ways and it offers a steam-cleaning process.
That means that you do not have to worry about any excess food and oil as it completely obliterates dirt with a squeaky-clean finish.
It combines its third heating element and fan to achieve amazing results and cooked food with an evenly cooked surface and cooked all the way through.
The racks of this oven easily roll out so you do not have to worry about heavy and large dishes.
1. The amazing voice control allows you to control the oven even if you are far away from the oven itself.
2. If you want a more accurate control and if you are closer to the oven, then you will have the amazing LED-lit 7-inch control panel installed in the oven.
3. Smooth exterior panels that allow ease of cleaning.
4. When you want to clean the inside, do not bother as its steam-cleaning feature does all the job and removes all the unnecessary dirt inside the oven.
1. Because of the amazing and advanced features, you cannot expect this oven to be cheap.
5. Empava 30 inch Single Wall Oven
This oven features an amazingly easy-to-use interface with a glass-touch display that even a kid can control. The control panel is glass-covered so you can clean it very easily.
The convection fan inside the oven is very powerful and it gives off the right circulation inside the oven to heat the walls and the racks for fast preheating.
The oven includes two racks and six rack adjustments to cater to any recipe that you want. The 5 cubic feet interior allows large foods to be cooked in so you can easily make the oven a roaster.
It has a delay-bake feature so you can set up the food early and it will automatically turn on and cook it later on.
It includes other features such as the automatic timer that turns the oven off after 12 hours of it being on so it does not overheat.
The oven also has a temperature probe which means that you can monitor the accurate temperature of the meat or any food inside the oven without opening it.
The Low E-glass material of the window allows the heat inside to reach the desired temperature in a very fast way and uses less energy.
It also makes the exterior of the oven cool to touch so you do not burn yourself when you accidentally touch the oven while it is on.
1. It has a self-cleaning feature so you do not have to worry about regularly cleaning as the oven does that for you
2. The oven features safety measures to prevent accidents when the oven is left unattended.
3. It has a powerful convection fan that makes sure of the evenly heated interior for an evenly cooked food.
1. The fan is big and powerful but it is quite loud.
6. LG Electronics 30-inch Single Electric Wall Oven
This is a big oven with 4.7-cubic-foot of total cooking space, this allows you to cook large food with fast and amazing results.
It uses two convection modes that circulate the hot air inside the oven so your food cooks quickly and more evenly.
The two modes are specialized for baking and roasting which is really amazing as you can control the temperature for food that does not require a lot of heat and the opposite.
The control panel is flat and does not have knobs or buttons to avoid the build-up of dirt and for ease of cleaning.
There are also different modes of cleaning the oven. The fast option cleans the oven within 10 minutes which gives you a nice result.
You can also choose from 1 hour up to 4 hours of cleaning for a more thoroughly cleaned interior. It gets every bit of grease and excess food bits out of your oven.
The fast cleaning feature is recommended for food that does not make a lot of mess or if you used cookware to catch the dirt that might come from the food.
Another amazing feature of the oven is the SmartThinQ application which modifies the controls and syncs your recipe with the oven.
That means that you can adjust the oven settings according to the recipe that you are following to attain the perfect results.
1. The fast self-cleaning option that allows you to clean the oven in 10 minutes. This is handy to save electricity if the food you cooked does not make a lot of mess.
2. The SmartThinQ app that can basically follow the recipe that you have from the required temperature to the amount of time that is needed to get the perfect cooking process.
3. The two convection modes allow you to interchange the functions of the oven with ease – depending on if you are baking or roasting.
1. Because of the features that are quite new with the oven, the temperature is sometimes out of control and runs too hot for some food.
7. GE Cafe 30-inch Single Electric Smart French-Door Wall Oven
As the name implies, this oven has two doors that open side to side. The French-door feature of this oven really ups the elegance of the oven.
The French-door is designed with precision engineering and can both be opened with one hand for the ease of use
It is a very large oven with a 5-cubic-foot of total cooking area. You can cook large foods in this oven such as a whole chicken and even use cookwares that are needed.
The European Convection feature of the oven allows air to enter from the top of the oven and circulates the interior for even cooking.
It is a fit guarantee so you do not have to worry about how this oven fits if you are replacing an old one with it.
The electronic controls are cased in glass for ease of cleaning and the knobs are easy to operate. You just have to make sure that you clean the knobs regularly.
You can also control the oven with your smartphone by connecting it to your Wi-Fi and the app that comes in with it.
1. The French-door feature of this oven allows you extra space to work with. Unlike the usual doors that drop down, the French-door style of this oven does not get in the way when you open it.
2. The cooking area of the oven surely gives you enough freedom to move your food around the oven and large foods can fit right inside.
3. The European Convection style has a different approach to circulating the air inside to create even heating and cooking.
This is high-end bakeware so it is expected to be an expensive one as well.
Best Double Built-in Wall Ovens
1. Bosh 30″ Stainless Steel Electric Double Wall Oven
This double oven has a simple look and at first glance, you would not imagine that it houses a powerful oven that can cook you a lot more than just a single recipe.
It has heavy-duty knobs that give you the real European feel and keeps you in line with the accurate temperature and time that you need for any food that you want to cook.
Both ovens offer thermal cooking and have different modes that you can select to let the ovens do the hard stuff leaving you with just a turn of a knob.
The ovens also have an EcoClean Cycle which is a self-cleaning feature that leaves the oven cleaning its own for two hours and makes sure that all dirt and grease are removed.
The door window is designed to give you a large viewing space so you can keep track of your food when it is inside the oven.
Each oven has two racks that are easy to slide off and adjust the height for different sizes of food. You can also slide the racks and they can handle the weight to give you the ease of access.
Since most of the outer parts of the ovens are stainless steel or glass, you can easily clean it with a clean cloth and it will always look as good as new.
1. The self-cleaning feature really does its job and makes sure that all dirt and grease are removed with the thorough 2-hour cycle.
2. The knobs are easy to control because they are made out of heavy-duty materials that are easy to grip. You can also get the accurate temperature with the knobs.
3. The four racks are really great for any food that you want to cook in the oven.
1. It has limited modes that you can choose from and it does not include rapid preheat options or delayed cooking.
2. The ovens are non-convection.
2. Bosh S800 Combination Double Wall Oven
This oven is a very fast, and powerful oven that can cook most food faster than other ovens. It can also be used as a microwave oven.
With the upper oven having 1.6 cubic feet of cooking area and the lower oven having 4.6 cubic feet, you get a large total of 6.2 cubic feet of total cooking space.
The dampened hinges are what allows the amazing QuietClose feature of the ovens. They are designed to absorb shocks from closing the oven doors and make them silent.
The control panels are a combination of touchpad and SteelTouch buttons for easier use. The controls are basic and can be understood easily.
It has two separate control panels for more accurate control of the temperature and timer for each oven.
The true European Convection and 3D Hotair feature of the lower oven allows you to use all three racks at the same time and you do not have to rotate them midway through cooking to achieve even bakes.
It has 12 specialized cooking modes including custom cooking modes such as the pizza, pie, warm, and proof modes.
The preheat feature gets the oven to the highest temperature within minutes. It also has a self-cleaning feature using Bosch’s EcoClean self-cleaning technology.
It has two lights so you can see the food inside the oven while it is closed. The meat probe feature also allows you to see the temperature of the food inside without opening it.
1. Both ovens are lit by two halogen lights so you can keep track of the cooking process while the ovens are closed.
2. The roller racks on the bottom oven are useful for easier access to your food and safer handling of heavy dishes.
3. It is approved for flush installation.
1. The oven racks are not self-cleaning so you still need to wash them.
3. GE 30-inch Double Electric Wall Oven
This oven has four finishes that you can choose from so it fits perfectly with your kitchen wall. The ovens are spacious with a 5-cubic-foot of cooking area for each oven.
They also have 10-pass heating loops that make the oven more powerful compared to most ovens with only 8 loops.
The racks on the ovens are easy to slide or roll out and stay in the oven for self-cleaning and they have a secured lock feature for safety purposes.
The ovens are different in cooking features. The top oven can be used for baking, broil, and roast with its convection fans.
The bottom oven can be used for non-convection oven baking, broil, and dough proofing plus an additional keep-warm feature.
Both ovens have temperature probes so you can accurately scan the food inside the ovens.
Another amazing feature is that the Scan-to-cook feature allows you to scan the barcodes of a food package via an app.
The ovens will automatically set the proper temperatures and time for the specific recipe.
You can manually control the temperature of the oven with the control pad but it is quite compact so there might be a little bit of confusion at first but once you get used to it, it will be easy.
You can also control it through an app on your smartphone if you find it hard to figure out the control pads. Just connect the oven and your phone in your Wi-Fi.
1. These ovens have quiet fans, unlike other ovens whose fans are too loud and might be irritating.
2. The heavy-duty racks are very great for large food and the self-cleaning feature really helps.
3. The differences in the cooking features of both ovens are great since you can perform multiple tasks at the same time.
1. The cramped control pad is very hard to follow at first and it surely takes a lot of cooking to get used to.
4. GE 27-inch Stainless Steel Electric Combination Wall Oven
This is a combination of a wall oven and a microwave oven that combines elegance and function into a single powerful appliance. It combines a 10-pass bake element with an 8-pass coil to create that brown finish in baking and roasts.
The racks on the oven are self-cleaning that uses steam for ensuring that there will be no grease and dirt left behind.
The microwave oven heats up your cold food in no time. With the automated power control and timer, you can leave your food in it and it will notify you when it is done.
It has a stainless steel design combined with a black interior that you can see through the glass windows for a beautiful design that fits with most kitchen walls.
The glass controls are easy to clean with a single knob that lets you control the temperature accurately.
1. The steam clean option leaves no dirt behind and makes sure that the grease falls off of the racks.
2. This combination oven allows you to perform different tasks from reheating to cooking that needs a powerful oven.
3. The oven looks very professional and is made out of high-grade materials that you can add in your kitchen.
1. The microwave controls are a little bit off and they are not intuitive enough for ease of use.
2. It is quite expensive.
5. LG 30-inch Microwave Double Wall Oven
LG has installed three key features in this oven that makes it stand out against its competitors.
First is the convection oven that combines with steam cooking to keep the moisture inside the food and still create the brown finish outside with the convection.
Next is the 1.7-cubic-foot upper oven which can also be used as a convection oven, and finally, the unique turbo cook feature.
The lower oven has 4.7-cubic-foot of total cooking area and has the steam cooking as its best feature.
The convection fan and electric heat dry out the moisture from the food are countered by the steam cooking feature.
The heavy-duty racks of the bottom oven are self-cleaning and can be left inside the oven for 10 minutes and they will come out good as new.
There are three halogen lights inside the bottom oven that helps you see the food inside when the oven is closed.
The upper oven has a SensorCook feature that scans the moisture content of the food you put in and automatically sets the right temperature and time for that food.
It has 9 preset features that you can choose from including rice, soup, pizza, and more. This feature is more applicable to foods at room temperature.
When it comes to frozen foods, the SpeedCook feature of the upper oven combines the halogen lights, heating elements, and the microwave to cook the food properly.
1. The SensorCook feature of the upper oven really helps and makes reheating food very easy as it determines the moisture content of the food that you put in and sets the timer and temperature by itself.
2. It also has a dough proofing feature which is helpful for people who live cooking pizza.
3. The multifunction microwave is really helpful with its preset features and you can reheat or cook food with one click.
1. The control panel is a little bit confusing with patterns that you need to remember in order to reach a certain control.
GE offers a double wall oven that both have a ten-pass baking element that makes them very powerful so they can handle dense foods.
This oven is also certified with GE’s fit guarantee and they offer payment for modifications just in case it is needed so you do not have to be worried about it fitting in your kitchen.
The ovens have a self-cleaning feature with a steam option to get that perfect clean on the walls, floor, and racks so it does not require scrubbing.
You can choose between thermal bake and thermal broil for the modes that both the upper and lower ovens offer.
Each oven has 2 coated racks that can be adjusted in six different heights to give you more freedom on the size of food that you want to cook and can be left inside the oven for cleaning.
The interior of the ovens has a single halogen light that helps you see what’s inside the ovens over the black finish and exterior glass.
There is also the hidden bake feature that gives the oven floor a flat surface for ease of wiping off dirt.
The glass-touch control panel gives you the basic instructions and modes for ease of use and the surface is flat so wiping it with a clean towel will do the job for cleaning.
The ovens also have a control lockout feature that prevents ant unintentional and unsupervised use to prevent accidents.
1. The self-cleaning option is good enough to make sure that the ovens are squeaky clean. Add the coated racks and the steam option and it only gets better from there.
2. It has a modernistic finish with dark glass on the window and a stainless steel frame so this beauty combines with power.
3. The hidden bake feature allows the oven to heat up evenly all throughout the ovens’ cavities.
1. The notification sounds are a little faint and can sometimes be hard to be heard.
2. This oven is still available in amazon but GE has stopped the manufacture of the product.
7.LG 30-inch Double Wall Oven
These two big ovens have the same identical function so it comes in easy to control. That means that each feature of one oven is in the other as well.
The convection, two heavy-duty racks, favorite recipe features, and more are found in each oven.
The oven is built with a stainless steel finish and has a wide glass viewing window that allows you to look inside with the help of three halogen lights inside.
Each of the ovens has a self-cleaning feature that you can choose from.
The fast-cleaning steam that cleans the oven for 10 minutes that cleans light messes and the high-temperature longer cycle for more mess.
This oven has a convection bake, roast, broil, and crisp together with the non-convection feature that you can choose from.
There is a preheat feature that lets you know when it has reached the desired temperature with a beep.
Another feature is the dough proofing where you can store your dough in to activate the yeast inside it. There is also the delay bake timer feature for both ovens.
The control panel of the oven is easy to clean, it is quite complex with so many buttons but they are intuitive so they can help with ease.
1. The preheating feature lets you know when it has reached the temperature with a beep so that is helpful.
2. Although the controls are quite complex, it has a User-friendly Interface which guides you to use the ovens easily.
3. The self-cleaning feature is very helpful for both light mess and heavier ones.
4. The dough proofing feature is a very unique one and a helpful feature to add to an oven.
1. The convection fan of the oven is a little loud so you might find it hard getting used to that.
Guide to choosing the perfect Built-in Wall Oven for your Kitchen
1. Power Source
You can choose between natural gas, propane, or electricity as the main fuel for your built-in wall oven.
Electric-powered ovens are the easiest to install and the most recommended ovens since most require electricity to control the ovens especially the ones with Wi-Fi control features.
Most 30-inch ovens have 4.7 or 5-cubic-feet of cooking capacity while the smaller 24-inch ones have 4 or lower.
Make sure that you find the right size for your kitchen. It will be easier for you to determine which oven will fit in your kitchen if you are just replacing it.
If you are buying a new one or you are not replacing your oven, then make sure that you look for the one with the largest capacity so it can give you more space for cooking.
Since most of the functions of other ovens are the same, make sure that you get the most capacity for you to have more food and less time to cook.
An oven with convection fans will help you regulate the air that circulates inside the oven which makes the heat distribute itself evenly.
Having a convection fan will help you attain a more even finish on whatever type of food you are cooking.
You can choose between the basic convection fans which use air alone inside the oven and circulates it or the “true”/European convection which uses heated air to circulate in the interior.
When you buy an oven, installing convection will add a little more price especially on the European convection but it is necessary for more evenly cooked food.
Ovens that do not have convection are best bought when they are double ovens. These hybrid ovens have convection fans on one oven and non-convection on the other.
You get the privilege to use whatever you prefer. Convection fans are recommended as they conserve more energy than that of a non-convection oven.
4. Settings and Controls
Choosing your oven should include the settings and control of how easy they are to use and clean as well.
LED-lit and touchscreen controls are great since they do not require constant cleaning and they are easy to clean if you ever need to.
Physical controls or knobs are a bit harder to clean with its uneven surfaces but they are accurate when it comes to setting the temperature and timer.
There is a combination of both so it is your choice on which one can be more appropriate or easy for you. Then there are smart ovens that you can control with your smartphones and even your voice from a distance.
These ovens are convenient for people who do not want to move all the time. With the help of technology, you can now control your oven via your phone or by speaking alone.
The common doors for ovens are the ones that open downwards and are sometimes getting in the way so companies have upgraded into some choices.
The French-door with two doors that open side to side gives you more space to work and access your food without the hindrances brought by a basic oven door.
It is a little bit more expensive but they save you from possibly straining your back by allowing you to get as close to your oven without the doors that are obstructing you.
There are also side-swing doors that have the same function as the French-door and allow you to access your food to and from the microwave as close as possible.
Side-swing doors resemble that of a microwave door so you can open it with one hand.
Additional features will automatically equate with additional expenses. However, if you want to get the most convenient and easy to use ovens, then consider getting some of these features.
1. Self-cleaning ovens – these are the ovens that do not hassle you from constantly cleaning your oven and helps you by just leaving it on and clean itself
They sometimes add a very helpful steam-cleaning feature that helps in removing dirt and grease from the racks and the walls of the oven.
2. Hidden Bake Elements – the main purpose of this feature is for ease of cleaning. It hides the ridges and coils from the burners so you can clean the surface by just wiping it with a towel.
3. Built-in Temperature Probes – this feature helps you determine whether your food is cooked or not by telling you the accurate temperature of the food inside the oven without opening it.
4. Cooking Presets – this is the feature where there are preset temperatures and timers for specific food and all you need to do is select which food you want to cook.
5. Steam cooking – this keeps the moisture for recipes such as bread and still gives off that amazing brown finish when it combines with convection fans.
Other features are the bottom drawer for keeping the food warm, broiling, and more. There are also gliding racks that give you the ease of access to your food.
Make sure to check out the ovens listed above and see for yourself on which fits your kitchen wall and the standard that you are trying to get from built-in wall ovens!
Let us know if this post helps you and if it did then do share it on social media!